Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

11-06-2011

Barcelona, Spain

38 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo support Spain: Don’t count on it

2011-11-06, 18:39 PM

Dear All,

I would like to share a terrible support experience with Lenovo Spain.

Summary. Two months after first contacting Lenovo support, and after losing many (many) hours on the phone and with technicians, my machine with Next Business Day warranty is unusable (i.e. worse than to start off with). Last thing I was told is that my machine should be replaced, and nine days later my case is still “being reviewed” and no solution has been provided.

Long story. My problems started after purchasing a new x220 laptop covered with a 3-year on-site Next Business Day warranty plus accidental damage protection (machine type 4286CTO with serial number xxxxxxxx). This machine turned out to be a lemon. The initial problems with the machine were: webcam did not work, LEDs for power/charging/wifi did not light up, and lid open/close sensor exhibited arbitrary behavior.

I have been through 3 support cases (A26N0J9, A260G7J, A26J45W) which included over a dozen support calls, remote support session, half a dozen technician visits, webcam replacement, lid cabling replacements, motherboard replacement. Result: only the webcam issue has been solved. Furthermore, the laptop now continuously powers down the display hence is unusable.

What I have witnessed in the process: technicians receiving the wrong replacement parts (twice), and communication problems between the technicians and support (with scheduled visits not taking place, and visits reported as taking place when they had not)

Nine days ago my case was “escalated” to the customer complaint management team (complaint 00061184) presumably for a replacement of the machine. No solution has been provided and my case appears to be in limbo.

I purchased a ThinkPad with on-site warranty because I rely on my laptop for work, having been a long time ThinkPad user myself. Unfortunately, this being the first time I’ve ever requested on-site service, there is not much here I can rely on.

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

Options

29 Posts

07-05-2011

spain

180 Signins

470 Page Views

• Views: 470
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo support Spain: Don’t count on it

2011-11-07, 13:07 PM

I have a similar experience in Spain.

I bought the slice battery for the X220. It only work 2 days, no way to charge it.

Lenovo Spain did not accept to send me a new one, as a replacement, or to repair  my unit. They sent me as a replacement a old unit (demonstration unit), totally uncharged. And with a labey saying (NOT TO SELL) Of course, I refused to accept that piece of shxx. I returned it as well.

Finally, my seller, where i buy many staff, paid the battery. i have no battery, but no cost for me. Just my seller paid me the battery.

what kind of service is this? This is my first Lenovo computer, and it will be the last one.

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2011

Barcelona, Spain

38 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2011-11-08, 10:37 AM

Thank you for your reply, I share your pain. No response yet from Lenovo. Not from their support service, not from their online forums, where I have posted in both English and Spanish:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Lenovo-support-Spain-Don-t-count-on-it/td-p/583489

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Servicios-y-Garant%C3%ADas/Servicio-t%C3%A9cnico-de-Lenovo-Espa%C3%B1a-Suspenso/td-p/583589

I am working hard to get this solved. I wrote to the head of the Customer Management Team yesterday, but no response yet. I could not trace down contact information for Lenovo Management in Spain (though I do know the name of the person I should contact). If I don’t hear back from Lenovo soon, I will cold-call their central office in Spain to see who I can get through to.

I will try to follow up in the thread. Very sad to have to go through this as a customer to get my warranty honored.

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2011

Barcelona, Spain

38 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-11-10, 0:09 AM

Today I contacted the head of the European Customer Management Team (CMT) on the phone, and finally received a solution to my case. The emails had been received, but had not been acted on. It seems there was an additional communication problem between Lenovo Spain and the CMT, since they had the wrong email on my record (one I never provided myself, probably from another customer)

The solution proposed is to refund my order. Unfortunately this is not a good solution, because it implies that I myself should replace the laptop. And the problem with this is that Lenovo Europe is not willing to sell me such a replacement (configured to equivalent specification). There is no Custom To Order service in Spain, and Lenovo has imposed delivery restrictions on their EU online stores: machines configured on the UK/France/Germany site can only be delivered to their respective countries. Below is my reply to the CMT, and I am now awaiting their answer.

Date: Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: Inquiry on case 00061184
To: XXXXX

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your email, I am glad we can finally discuss a solution for this case. My machine was originally purchased in the US, the order details and the configuration can be found here: https://www.lenovoorders.com/orderstatus/secured/dsp_orderstatus.cfm?orderid=XXXXXX

Unfortunately, a refund is not a good solution; the ideal solution is a replacement machine with equivalent specifications. Please see attachment for such a machine configured on Lenovo's UK site. If Lenovo can readily ship such a machine to the UK (or Germany or France), can it not be shipped to Spain as a replacement?

A refund is not a good solution because I have just been told that I cannot purchase such a machine from the UK/France/Germany online stores. They will not deliver to Spain, hence I cannot replace the machine.

I am a loyal Lenovo customer, and although I have just had a terrible support experience with Lenovo Spain (you can read about it here), I am ready to put a vote of confidence in another x220 laptop. I believe Lenovo should appreciate this, and can take the extra step to deliver the above configured machine to Barcelona.

With best regards,
XXXXX 

Options

11 Posts

11-06-2011

Barcelona, Spain

38 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2011-11-10, 21:31 PM

Dear forum participants,

I really need some feedback on this, since Lenovo remains silent. Should I continue to insist Lenovo provide a laptop replacement? Or should I just take their refund offer and run? (far, far away from Lenovo)

What would you do next if you were in my place?

In my view, Lenovo has so far fumbled every step of the process:

1. Delivering a defective laptop. Which speaks volumes of their quality control, since a simple visual examination reveals that the machine was defective (lid LEDs not working)
2. Failing to repair the laptop. Over the two months I had to spend speaking with support on the phone and hosting technician visits.
3. Offering a refund instead of a replacement. This may be the cheapest solution for Lenovo, but does not solve my problem (I need a functional laptop) nor does it meet their International Warranty Service best effort commitment.

Sixty-six (66) days have now passed since I first contacted Lenovo. And I paid for Next Business Day onsite service.

Options

363 Posts

08-11-2010

Buenos Aires

2282 Signins

21390 Page Views

• Views: 21390
  • Message 6 of 6

2011-11-11, 13:52 PM

Andres,

I have already provided you an answer on the spanish board:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Servicios-y-Garant%C3%ADas/Servicio-t%C3%A9cnico-de-Lenovo-Espa%C3%B1a-Suspenso/td-p/583589

We can continue there with the support. Hope I can help you.

Regards,

Belen de Perez
Spanish Community Leader
www.twitter.com/lenovo_latam
www.facebook.com/LenovoArgentina
www.youtube.com/LenovoLatam
Centro de Respuestas http://bit.ly/hrR7KF

Cuando posteas una consulta, te agradecemos que indiques la respuesta adecuada, para que sea útil para otros usuarios.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)