Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ufukaltun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,147
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo u330 Touch Broken Hinge/Cover Warranty Issue

Dear Lenovo Team,

I have the same hinge problem with a lot of users already reported here. I have purchased my Lenovo u330 touch notebook in 2014 July in Turkey and it's still under warranty. I've never dropper or caused any other physical damage on the notebook. The left hinge was broken off during the normal usage (by opening the lid). Last week i've sent the notebook to the Lenovo Service Center here in Istanbul, Turkey but they are requesting 300$ for recover, even it's under  the regular warranty. According to the Service Center, it's a user fault. Please help me to understand how it can be a user fault? I though notebooks are designed for mobile usage and they have lids for opening and closing up. If opening a lid is a user fault then i'd expect to see "Use with only open lid, do not touch the lid never ever!" warning in the user manual. My warranty will be expired in a month and i'm still hoping some help on this.

Many thanks.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,100
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo u330 Touch Broken Hinge/Cover Warranty Issue

Hello ufukaltun, welcome to the community,

as you disagree with the conclusions of the service centre you have the option to request that your case be escalated to customer relations. You can do this by contacting support by phone and, after quoting your current service case number, request the agent open a complaint on your behalf. They will then also be able to explain to you the further steps in the process.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

ufukaltun
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,059
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo u330 Touch Broken Hinge/Cover Warranty Issue

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors