Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-03-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

10 Signins

143 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 143
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo worst company i ever dealt with

2017-04-26, 12:47 PM

I cannot believe what i have been going through with Lenovo. Sometime in november my idea pad z500 stopped working. Everytime i would switch on the screen would go blue. I called lenovo and they advised me to send in to Medion. The laptop would be sent out to Germany as there is where they had the repairs department. I took their advice and sent for repairs. I was promised i would receive my laptop within 10 working days.

Once it arrived to Germany they called to charge me for repairs. It was done over the phone. Never again did i have a call from them not even to update me. I would call minimum 4 times a week to hear always the same thing. 'There is not much information we can give you'

This continued for 6 months. I called and they told me that my laptop was unfixable and it would be sent back. 

This caused me so much inconvenience and stress. I have never ever come across a company like lenovo.

2 months down the line after calling everyone involved with Lenovo, i receive an email from a manager offering me a cheap laptop as a replacement. I told them i didnt want it and wanted a refund as promised from lenovo customer service . So she sent me a code to give to the retailer where i purchased. 

The retailer has told me they cannot refund as the warranty is over a year old.

So now I am in the same boat. I have sent themanager an explanation of what the retailers have said and still waiting for a reply. 

Its disgusting the way they treat their customers. And thanks to my experience, never again wil i purchase anytbing from Lenovo.

I only decided to purchase from Lenovo because I always had a great experience with IBM. But this is no longer the case.

What a waste of company. They are useless only there to quickly take money from your account and then you are left alone. They wipe their hands clean from you.

My advice never purchase anything from Lenovo if you avoid STRESS!

Options

108 Posts

02-23-2008

United States of America

131 Signins

1055 Page Views

• Views: 1055
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo worst company i ever dealt with

2017-04-26, 14:20 PM
I have read previously from someone else here who has had issues with repair companies. Had you tried to have Lenovo reach out on your behalf? The repair company could possibly be a sub-contractor, as here in the US, for Lenovo and Lenovo needs to know of your experience as you are going through it and not after. To penalize Lenovo at this stage may be a bit unfair, but none-the-less your call. I trust the next computer you purchase and send in for repairs will give you a better experience.
T61, 6465, Vista
Options

2 Posts

04-30-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo worst company i ever dealt with

2017-04-30, 17:08 PM

I will agree with you. Their website is impossible to get the right information from. Everytime I enter the Serial # I got using their Detect option, it comes back saying they can't find me.

I just bought my Yoga X1 Think Pad in December 2016, I've never dropped the laptop, or moved it from it's initial spot on my desk. Earlier this week I started noticing crack radiating from the camera on the touch screen. Everyday more and more cracks appear. I contacted the Live Chat and, after being told it wasn't under warranty for this, I asked for an approximate estimate of the cost to replace and who to contact. I received several unhelpful replies and was then told by Nonso Nwakanma that I was wasting his time. He finally gave me a number to call but it would require shipping my laptop to them...not doing. Considering their Warranty covers almost nothing, I'm going to risk voiding it and ordering my own screen replacement and having my IT guy fix it.  

Now, don't even get me started on how impossible it is to find the needed parts on their website! This is where my problem with the Model Number kicks in.  NEVER again will I buy from Lenovo.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms