Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

10-24-2014

Brazil

24 Signins

172 Page Views

• Views: 172
  • Message 1 of 3

Lid Casing - LeNovo Y50 Touch

2014-10-24, 13:50 PM

Hello,

I recently bought a LeNovo Y50 Touch, but for some reason the inner lid casing fell off. I am really scared this might escalate and actually damage the display! However, as I noticed the plastic piece detaching from its place, I slowly turned the lid up and down to see if I could find out what happened, as I didn't see any sign of damage. Apparently, the little gears that spin as you open and close the lid weren't rotating as they should and, as a result, the plastic piece went through some pressure that caused it to detach and, consequently, bring the whole screen with it. So, the problem seems to be very practical and could be solved with lubrification oil, I think... But I would rather not do anything without some kind of support, or I might end up making things worse. What should I do?

Thank you,

Rodrigo.

Options

38 Posts

04-23-2014

North Carolina - Lenovo HQ

280 Signins

2572 Page Views

• Views: 2572
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lid Casing - LeNovo Y50 Touch

2014-10-28, 13:18 PM

Hi rodrigoBacila,

Thank you for your post on the Forum.

We would first like to apologize for the experience you're having with your Y50 Touch.  We understand how frustrating it can be when your device isn't functioning properly.   To assist, may we know when you purchased the machine and from where?  May we also know if you have contacted Technical Support for assistance?  If you have, may we have any order numbers or case numbers related to your device?  Please PM me with this information.

Once we have this information, we will be able to proceed with resolving your issue.  Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and certainly appreciate your patience at this time.

All the best,

Josh Mason

Lenovo Social Media Customer Service

Want to know how to send a PM?  Please go here.

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community 

Options

5 Posts

10-24-2014

Brazil

24 Signins

172 Page Views

• Views: 172
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lid Casing - LeNovo Y50 Touch

2014-10-31, 19:52 PM

Hello jmason,

Thank you for your answer.

You don't have to apologize (but I appreciate it), because these things happen! I would gladly provide any information required.

I bought this machine at Best Buy, Philadelphia on 08/21/2014. Firstly, I went to the store to ask for assistance, but they told me they couldn't do anything because the issue didn't happen in the first 15 days after the purchase. Then, I contacted LeNovo support by telephone and they told me I could send them my laptop to get fixed. However, it would last several weeks...

I will PM you with the rest of the information that you requested.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms