GB

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Misdelivered Laptop. (UPS)

2020-07-06, 1:02 AM

Hey everyone,

I bought the Lenovo Legion 5 (AMD) version on Thursday 25th June. Everything went smooth with the delivery but when it ended up in the UK that's when the problems started with UPS.

Monday 29th June, I got the notification that it was out for delivery I kept checking my phone and it stated on the app that it had been delivered and signed by me which that wasn't the case at all, I checked around my house, outside, porch, back gate the laptop was nowhere to be seen at all.

I thought the UPS app might of glitched so waited for another hour nothing still appears so i give UPS a call ask for my tracking number told them that It's not here so they pass on my details back to the depot, the depot calls me and tells me that the delivery driver has handed it to the wrong resident and will quickly get the item back and would be with me later, the driver never turned up so i give them a call again and I get told the laptop is going back to depot to get rescanned not sure why but they said it'll be available by Tuesday 30th June. 

Tuesday comes no sign of the parcel. I call again, its the same old explanation telling me they'll be delivering it today at 7PM, That never happened and now they're telling me it'll definitely be with me on Wednesday. I sent an email as customer service was not helping at all and I got a clear direct answer from UPS telling me that the driver went to pick up the parcel but the resident refused to hand it back to the driver which really annoyed me because this whole time they've been lying to me saying they have the parcel and saying its going to be delivered. 

I called Lenovo and made them aware of the situation and said that I'll have to wait till UPS has concluded their 8 day investigation which is on going since Friday 3rd July.

I'm currently working from home too and i really needed that laptop since last week. My manager is on my case about it and I got a lot of projects that i need to complete as well. My previous laptop which was also a Lenovo laptop no longer works (I'm typing this on my phone). I did get an offer to get a replacement or a refund from Lenovo. At first I chose to get a replacement then realized that It will most likely go with UPS again. I don't have any trust in that delivery company because I'm worried that I'll most likely run into the same problem that I'm in right now.   

In the end I chose to get a refund as there's a computer shop nearby me that i can go to and buy a laptop that has somewhat similar specs to the legion 5. 

Is there any way Lenovo escalate this situation? 

Thank you.

Order Number: 10976505909

Options

1 Posts

07-06-2020

GB

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Misdelivered Laptop. (UPS)

2020-07-06, 10:55 AM

??

Options

7968 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32496 Signins

1199445 Page Views

• Views: 1199445
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Misdelivered Laptop. (UPS)

2020-07-06, 17:29 PM

Hello @knxed welcome to the Community,

Sorry that this has happened and hope UPS can recover the system. As you have elected to receive a refund it will be processed and currently I see no reason for this to be escalated as it is currently work in progress with a case open.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete