Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ellisame
Paper Tape
Views: 312
Message 1 of 5

Miserable Buying Experience with Lenovo

So I was supposed to have access in advance to the 4th of July Black Friday Sale through an at work perks program.  I started early trying to purchase a computer july 2/3. The sale is advertised as lasting through July 7. It is not a door buster product nor does it mention they will stop honoring the deal days in advance. They are not out of the product, it's still for sale. They just stopped honoring the advertised price.

I am not the one putting in this coupon code. The website prefills it because I'm signed in through the program. There is no mention of this product being limited until you are in the payment screens and there is a red ticker giving you 10 minutes to buy before your item is released.

When I try to purchase within the time limit, there is just red code that appears without explanation on one part of the screen.

I contacted customer service because it just looked like some kind of system error. They tried getting code to work and couldnt. I Was told that the coupon code was an error, that it shouldn't still be visible because they must have ran out and that it was too hard for them to fix the problem quickly because it's a holiday, He claimed he was going to contact IT to escalate fixing the error and a whole raft of nonsense. It's now a day later, nothing has changed they would not honor the price.

I was then told that Lenovo puts out new 4th of july coupons at 4am.  The implication here being, i should stay up till 4am and purchase. So I stayed up and that turned out to be false.. not a big shocker, but I was hoping this was some kind of attempt to resolve the problem rather than a other Intentional lie.

This gives the appearance of fraud. I am given a price, then there was an attempt to force a higher price.  Did I just get a bad representative  who didnt deal with the situation properly nd this is all some kind of mistake or is this actually how this company does business?

I've never purchased from this company before. I guess I should have done more research with bloggers et al. 

Is this how this company does business?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 205
Message 2 of 5

Re: Miserable Buying Experience with Lenovo

Hello and welcome to the Community,

Could you perhaps provide some more detail as to the name of the at works perks program you were attempting to order through in order that I can ensure your feedback reaches the relevant team for resolution.

Thanks

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Ellisame
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 3 of 5

I was going to purchase a y740 through Lifecare/Lifemark.  The code was Affinityeajuly. It never worked.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 156
Message 4 of 5

The team looking into the issue have requested some more details than I am able to provide. Could I ask you to please send me the following information by private message;

Full Name;
Telephone No.;
email address;

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Highlighted
PGATZAND
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

Indeed, this company is a mess. I had the same issue as you had, luckily some (not many) agents do their work correctly. I was trying to use a coupon that didn´t work, without any explanation in the error message with some sense. In my case, the agent create a quote for me so I could buy the computer for the same price after applying the coupon discount. So that was solved, maybe you can ask for that. 

But then....Wait until receiving your order...Maybe it takes for Lenovo to send your order more than a month.

Good luck!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors