Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adm413
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,927
Message 1 of 3

Misled By Customer Service

I have bought my last Lenovo. I called Lenovo last week in regards to my recovery discs not working. I had what I thought was a very smooth phone call which resulted in the rep taking my address and other info and saying my CD's would arrive within three business days. 8 days (5 business days) later nothing has arrived.  I call Lenovo just to double check my order and am told they are sorry and will connect me to a different department to expadite my shipment.  In this department I am told I have no shipment being processed. I am redirected again to where I am told my warranty has expired and I would need to buy the discs.  After many more redirections and time on hold I am told there is no record of my first phone call.  I do not understand why I was misled and why Lenovo had such poor records of my calls, not to mention very little sympathy from the supervisor I spoke with.  I have never had such a problem with HP Customer Service.  At this point I would rather buy a new computer than give money to a company that misleads its customers.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,912
Message 2 of 3

Re: Misled By Customer Service

welcome to the forum.

Did you happen to note down the customer call reference number in your first phone call (the one they said they will ship the recovery discs out)?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 1,904
Message 3 of 3

Re: Misled By Customer Service

adm413 - welcome to the forum!

recovery media is fulfilled by a third-party company under contract of microsoft.   media is created on-demand.   typically they will ship media the same day or within a few days at the most.

if you have a case number, please call the CRU department at 800-426-7416.   they will be able to provide you with a parts order status for your support case.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors