Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-17-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 9

My laptop is lost and nobody seems to care.

2021-05-17, 20:42 PM

I have been without my work laptop since April, and the response from Lenovo has been horrendous.  I sent my new laptop in for a simple repair at the end of March.  Lenovo received it, fixed it, and sent it back to me on April 2.  I never got any notice of this.  Two weeks later I reached out to see where it was, and they sent me the Fed Ex tracking number.  According to Fed Ex, it has been in their Nashville depot since April 2nd.  Fed Ex won't accept my loss claim because I am not the shipper.  I have had several follow-up e-mails with the Lenovo warranty support team, and gotten nowhere.  Based on this experience, I understand why my larger clients are switching their corporate laptops from Lenovo to HP.  The employees don't like the HP, but if you can't get a response from a company about a problem what else can you do.

This is the latest e-mail they sent me (note the status at the bottom):

Hello Curtis,

I do apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused as a result. Per my previous email, I did escalate the issue to my supervisor who escalated your request to our corporate office. I have requested you be contacted with a detailed update on the status of your request as soon as possible, considering the circumstances and the impact this is having on your work.

Regards,
Lenovo Warranty Support Team   
Contact Support Team: 1-877-453-6686   
Support Site | Callback Request | Chat Support | Repair Status

Question Reference # 210508-000212
Date Created: 05/08/2021 10:48 AM
Date Last Updated: 05/10/2021 06:42 PM

Answer
Options

11562 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33038 Signins

1234905 Page Views

• Views: 1234905

Re:My laptop is lost and nobody seems to care.

2021-05-20, 7:33 AM

@ Curtis H wrote:

I am curious if you ever heard anything from them about this, or if a new laptop just showed up one day?  I don' even know if they are paying attention to this problem.  I would be happy to get a replacement, but I would be happy a lot sooner if I just knew they were even looking at my problem.

Hello,

My colleagues have found your system and it is being returned to you, unfortunately I don't have a tracking number to provide you with but it will be delivered by FedEx possibly today or tomorrow. Once you have received and checked it I would appreciate you letting me know.

Edit: today or struck through

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(8)
Options

11562 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33038 Signins

1234905 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

2021-05-18, 8:28 AM

Hello and welcome to Community,

I'm sorry to read that you have experienced an unnecessary delay. Could I ask you to post the related service case number and I'll see if I can find out exactly what is happening for you and get things moving forwards if they aren't already.

Thanks

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

4 Posts

05-17-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2021-05-18, 9:58 AM

The service case number is CLFSK80.  Any help resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Options

11562 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33038 Signins

1234905 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2021-05-18, 11:07 AM

Hello,

That number is incorrect, but I was able to find your case it ends in D not 0 (zero) just in case anyone else you are communicating with is having difficulties finding your case.

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Options

91 Posts

07-15-2018

United States of America

205 Signins

1481 Page Views

• Views: 1481
  • Message 5 of 9

2021-05-19, 4:26 AM

2 years ago same thing happened to me in exactly the same place. It looks FedEx Nashville center has a lot of thefts.

Anyway, after 2 month I got a new laptop as compensation.  I don't know if FedEx paid for the lost, or Lenovo paid.

So generally, I believe you will get a brand new laptop very soon.

@ Curtis H wrote:

I have been without my work laptop since April, and the response from Lenovo has been horrendous.  I sent my new laptop in for a simple repair at the end of March.  Lenovo received it, fixed it, and sent it back to me on April 2.  I never got any notice of this.  Two weeks later I reached out to see where it was, and they sent me the Fed Ex tracking number.  According to Fed Ex, it has been in their Nashville depot since April 2nd.  Fed Ex won' accept my loss claim because I am not the shipper.  I have had several follow-up e-mails with the Lenovo warranty support team, and gotten nowhere.  Based on this experience, I understand why my larger clients are switching their corporate laptops from Lenovo to HP.  The employees don' like the HP, but if you can' get a response from a company about a problem what else can you do.

This is the latest e-mail they sent me (note the status at the bottom):

Hello Curtis,

I do apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused as a result. Per my previous email, I did escalate the issue to my supervisor who escalated your request to our corporate office. I have requested you be contacted with a detailed update on the status of your request as soon as possible, considering the circumstances and the impact this is having on your work.

Regards,
Lenovo Warranty Support Team   
Contact Support Team: 1-877-453-6686   
Support Site | Callback Request | Chat Support | Repair Status

Question Reference # 210508-000212
Date Created: 05/08/2021 10:48 AM
Date Last Updated: 05/10/2021 06:42 PM

Options

4 Posts

05-17-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-05-19, 11:13 AM

I am curious if you ever heard anything from them about this, or if a new laptop just showed up one day?  I don't even know if they are paying attention to this problem.  I would be happy to get a replacement, but I would be happy a lot sooner if I just knew they were even looking at my problem.

Options

91 Posts

07-15-2018

United States of America

205 Signins

1481 Page Views

• Views: 1481
  • Message 7 of 9

2021-05-19, 15:09 PM

Same as your case, and then after several days I received an email said a new order had been placed. The remaining steps are just like waiting for a new laptop order to arrive.

I think Lenovo is currently waiting for the confirmation of lost from FedEx,  your problem is, FedEx didn't discover the package lost at Nashville until you called,  so it is a little difficult to investigate.  

You should call FedEx, ask them to confirm the package is lost. 

@ Curtis H wrote:

I am curious if you ever heard anything from them about this, or if a new laptop just showed up one day?  I don' even know if they are paying attention to this problem.  I would be happy to get a replacement, but I would be happy a lot sooner if I just knew they were even looking at my problem.

Answer
Options

11562 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33038 Signins

1234905 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2021-05-20, 7:33 AM

@ Curtis H wrote:

Hello,

My colleagues have found your system and it is being returned to you, unfortunately I don't have a tracking number to provide you with but it will be delivered by FedEx possibly today or tomorrow. Once you have received and checked it I would appreciate you letting me know.

Edit: today or struck through

Andy

Lenovo eServices

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

05-17-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-05-25, 10:45 AM

My original laptop was delivered today.  I am grateful for your help with this.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms