Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-14-2015

United Kingdom

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

NO REPAIR FOR 2 MONTHS PLEASE HELP

2015-07-14, 21:56 PM

Hi All,

I am revolted by the service Lenovo is providing, I switched from dell to this company to realize that dell was so much better. I have a problem with starting up my newly bought X1carbon second generation. I was told is was a motherboard issue.

I have upgrade to the highest warrenty spec a layman can get, 5 years NBD, protect your drive, accidental, you name it. Spent nearly 30 percent of the Laptop price for these services.

When I asked for a repair from Lenovo, they requested me to wait as there is no motherboard available in the UK, without telling me when the motherboard is going to arrive. I called the second time, and was told that I will need to wait for 1 MONTH!? What the **bleep** am I going to do in that one month without my workstation? Should I use it as a chopping board? If Lenovo is providing a NBD service, Lenovo should be responsible to have the parts available when needed, why are the customer the one waiting for the service??

I requested for a system replacement, in contract its a CRU. I was instructed to deal with a person in the complaint resolution owner team. She repeatedly told me that I was not entitled for a system replacement, saying that the machine was bought from malaysia, and can only get a repair in UK. This is not true at all as there is not such line stated on the agreement at all, but she insisted.

Long story cut short, after a lot of email ping pongs, I was instructed to wait for another week until the motherboard arrives in the uk which is on the 09/07/2015. It has passed 5 days now, and there is no emails, no calls whatsoever from lenovo about my repair. All I have is that my emails are ignored so many times. I think one of the strategy Lenovo uses is to lengthen the time by replying very late.

The customer support that Lenovo is providing is so bad, I want to make a formal complaint to someone with authority. If anyone can help me with this I would be very grateful. 

Please excuse my tone, I am just very frustrated. I am without my laptop for nearly 2 months now.

Thanks,

Bastian

Options

2029 Posts

12-02-2007

Australia

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: NO REPAIR FOR 2 MONTHS PLEASE HELP

2015-07-15, 4:23 AM

wrote:

I requested for a system replacement, in contract its a CRU. I was instructed to deal with a person in the complaint resolution owner team. She repeatedly told me that I was not entitled for a system replacement, saying that the machine was bought from malaysia, and can only get a repair in UK. This is not true at all as there is not such line stated on the agreement at all, but she insisted.

You need to pay attention to the conditions of IWS coverage.  Particularly this....

"Service Coverage

Note: Service procedures may vary by country, and some service and/or parts (country specific parts such as keyboards) may not be available in all countries. Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service. IWS eligibility is based on the four-digit machine type; however, certain countries may not have the capability of servicing all models of a particular machine type.  In cases where the country may not have the ability to service a particular model, service may be provided on a "best effort" basis and some fees or restrictions may apply."

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd004172

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms