Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,374
Message 1 of 14

Need help escalating issue for tax exempt non-profit

Hello,

I volunteer for a non-profit organization and am making technical purchases for the organization.

Almost three weeks ago, I needed to buy a laptop and talked to Lenovo support chat during the purchase.  I was ensured that with a non-profit org, I can get tax exempt for any purchases I make.  I have all of the required documentation for the organization.

I have been emailing my chat rep for the 3 weeks (about 9 emails) since then and cannot get any assistance with the tax exemption ever since he 'made the sale'.  I get one line responses that are not helpful and he cannot tell me what I need to do to get my tax refund.

Finally, today I have called Lenovo support twice, waited for 15 minutes to connect, then about 30 seconds into the conversation, we were disconnected (not sure if they hung up on me or what).

At this point, I am incredibly upset at the amount of time I have wasted trying to get a tax refund for a single laptop.  The only reason I'm pursuing it this much is because tax exempt was assured to me for this purchase, and I am purchasing for a non-profit. Part of working for a non-profit is being a good steward of the resources that have been donated.

I can't get through to anyone at Lenovo who can help via E-mail or phone, so I'm trying this forum. I honestly cannot believe it. If anyone can give me assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,343
Message 2 of 14

Re: Need help escalating issue for tax exempt non-profit

So I called 3 times and finally got someone on the phone where I didn't get disconnected. After explaining my situation, I was put on hold for about 10 minutes. When he came back to the phone he said he couldn't do anything to help but he put in a request for a senior support person to call me back within 5 business days.

Another 5 business days for this??? I don't actually expect a call back, but we'll see.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,337
Message 3 of 14

too bad to hear that, i'll bring this issue lenovo forum staff and lets see if they can help you.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,330
Message 4 of 14

Thank you!
gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,266
Message 5 of 14

I still have not received any help with this issue. It's been over a month and I can't get a hold of anyone at Lenovo. This is probably the worst support I've ever had for any purchase. I guess I'll be calling in again.

Former Employee
Views: 3,249
Message 6 of 14

@gferle,

Kindly PM me the following information and I will log a case to the complain team for their assistance on this matter.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
Serial Number:
Model Number:
Date of Purchase:

//JameZ
gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,227
Message 7 of 14

PM sent. thanks!
gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,149
Message 8 of 14

Please let me know if you get an update on this. I still have heard nothing back from Lenovo and cannot get a hold of anyone helpful. I have now received 3 canned email responses saying they received a request and will get back to me within 5 days. I immediatlely reply have heard nothing back. This has gone on for over a month now.
gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,136
Message 9 of 14

My original sales chat rep just emailed me another one liner stating once again they need the Illinois Sales Tax Exemption Letter.

I sent this to him on 12/9 and repeatedly after that. I sent him an immediate reply with that document attached once again. I'm sure nothing will happen Smiley Sad
gferle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,088
Message 10 of 14

Well I heard back and have definitely been told I cannot get tax exemption for my purchase because the sales rep did not create an account for the non profit organization at the time of purchase even though he assured me with confidence we'd be receiving the tax exemption.

Overall the service from Lenovo has been quite poor although I appreciate finally hearing back from someone who was actually willing to talk to me.

Unfortunately, based on this experience, I won't be doing anymore business w Lenovo and I would not recommend them to other shoppers. I hope the support rep takes my advice and informs the sales reps how to properly handle purchases from non-profit, tax exempt organizations so organizations may benefit from it in the future.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors