Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Nightmare experience with Digital River / Lenovo - complete incompetence

[ Edited ]

I run IT for a startup company in the UK, and as we've had a number of new employees join I placed an order for 10 Thinkpads through Digital River.  Originally, a 1 to 2 weekd delivery time was quoted, but after the order was placed I was sent an e-mail quoting a 4 week delivery time.   Accordingly I called to cancel my order, with a view of ordering the similar units direct from a Lenovo distributor.  The cancellation was confirmed by Digital River in an e-mail.

Much to my amazement a few days later I get an e-mail to say the units will ship in a few days - despite my cancellation and the quoted 4 week delivery time !!  So I call again, and am told that the shipment cannot be cancelled but that I should simply refused delivery when the courier turns up.  In the meantime, my creadit card has also been charged ...   I just placed by business with Dell.

Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Re: Nightmare experience with Digital River / Lenovo - complete incompetence

I've had a similar ordeal recently with Lenovo UK Digital River. I've tried to place an order on that crappy website for almost a week, but the order kept being cancelled, while my credit card kept being charged. In the end I've decided to go with another brand. I was profoundly disgusted with Lenovo Digital River.

SCSI Port
0 Kudos

Re: Nightmare experience with Digital River / Lenovo - complete incompetence

From my understanding Digital River are probably not at fault most of the time in these types of issues. More than likely there is a communication breakdown between Digital River and Lenovo. From my experiences with Lenovo in Europe I can only deduce that they are pretty sloppy when it comes to customer support. I have had no end of hassle with Lenovo in Europe (Switzerland) - and to top it off I only deal with the business Think-brand. Their technical support is apauling! **bleep** shame!

My Thinkpad History since 1998: 760C, 380ED, 600X, T21, T23, T30, R30, R31, T40, T40p, R51, T41, T42, T43, T60, R61, X31, X61, T61, T400, T440p.
Current Personal Thinkpads: R61, T400, T440p - Other Thinkpads regularly handled currently: T61, T430, T430s, T440, X230, X230s, X240, X250