06-30-2020

US

9 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 2

No Warranty Whatsoever on Yoga Book!

2020-06-30, 19:55 PM

What a curious situation when Best Buy would sell a laptop in "open box certified condition."  Doesn't that seem like it should mean almost new? When I think of open-box, I would think that maybe somebody kept it for a week and then returned it. If that was the case, then this yoga book sat in the Best Buy warehouse for over year before anyone like me chose to buy it.  Apparently during such a time as that, the warranty must have run out because the first owner would have registered it before the return.  Shouldn't the clock stop ticking in a case like this?  I mean, this warehouse theory is the nicest of possibilities.  At least, the thing works just fine and I like it, but I'm the sort of person who buckles the seat belt and never crashes--does that mean I don't need the belt?  I just don't like the anxiety of wondering if it will last six months.  I doubt that I'll ever go for the open-box again, unless two years from now this cool little yoga book is still going strong.  Time will tell.

Options

1 Posts

06-30-2020

US

9 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:No Warranty Whatsoever on Yoga Book!

2020-07-03, 1:40 AM

Just to be fair, I should also add that after nearly a week, I must say that this computer c930 is immensely cool, and I really really like everything about the design.  I like the way the e-ink works, and the memory is just enough for what I want to do.  It's plenty fast and smooth even being a bit old nowadays, but I'm not too fussy about that.  I was afraid to discover that I might not like the e-ink keyboard, but actually, it is okay, as I am using it right now (my hands are a bit on the small side anyway) and it works just fine after a bit of practice.  I also really like being able just to use the e-ink without getting into windows, just to jot down some notes or draw a picture.  I like the size of it, being slim and the same length and width of my favorite book (memoirs of the American Philosophical Society).  Using the pen to write say a math problem and the paste it into a windows application is conceivably very helpful for lessons given online...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete