Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lenovo_user2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 65,256
Message 1 of 28

Official Complaint - unacceptable customer service

Shortly after buying a ThinkPad X1 Carbon in September 2017 from Lenovo's official website, I encountered hardware and software errors. Even though it was supposed to be brand new, the machine had to be shipped 3 times to the depot. I barely could use the machine, most of the time (over 3 months) was spent in depots and repair. 

In the last round of repairs, it took 2 months from sending the machine in for repairs to receiving it back! In fact, at one point the machine was sent back to me in an unrepaired state, wasting several weeks! This process involved spending hours on the phone, leaving voice messages with the NA case manager without a reply, and dead silence for over 4 weeks.

Clearly the machine I purchased was defective. And I was not able to use it consistently for over 5 months. Yet, no one at Lenovo I spoke to even has the courtesy to apologize, let alone issue a refund or send a new machine.

I am so disappointed by the service. If this were a car, Lenovo would be required by law to issue a refund! Has anyone else experienced this?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 65,201
Message 2 of 28

Re: Official Complaint - unacceptable customer service

Hello and welcome to the Community,

Sorry to have to read about your experience and sincerely hope that the system is now functioning as would be expected. If you should ever need to open a complaint you can do so by contacting support as you would do for a normal service request, you can then request the representative to escalate your case after providing your details and the current / most recent case number. They will then be in a position to open a complaint and also advise you in regard to any further steps in the process.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

lenovo_user2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 65,191
Message 3 of 28

Thank you Andy. Lenovo escalated the case approximely 2 months ago. It was during this process that Lenovo sent back the machine in an unrepaired state. I also contacted the case manager several times beforehand leaving two voice messages, no reply back then. Since then, I received an email that they cannot issue a refund.

When I sent back the machine last time, I included a letter detailing my complaint and all relevant case numbers. No one followed up on my complaint (whether via phone or writing), which is why I am now reaching out to the public.

lenovo_user2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 65,048
Message 4 of 28

Hi Andy, thanks for looking into the issue last week. What did you find out?

lenovo_user2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 53,554
Message 5 of 28

How to file an Official Complaint - unacceptable customer service

Hi Andy,

Contrary to your earlier suggestion, support staff explicitly told me they cannot help with an official complaint when I called today. They transferred me to Sales. The only applicable option directed me back where I started, namely technical support, who could not help me. I also called Customer Care. None of the options were applicable.

I would like to file an official complaint, since my machine after 3 months of repairs and back and forth is still not working.

Many thanks.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 53,395
Message 6 of 28

Re: How to file an Official Complaint - unacceptable customer service

You have a case open and are in contact with a customer relations case manager, they are able to address any questions you may have. Please work with them towards finding a resolution.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

lenovo_user2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,787
Message 7 of 28

Re: How to file an Official Complaint - unacceptable customer service

For the last three months I have been interacting with a NA Case Manager who is trying to "help" me with a defective machine:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Official-Complaint-unacceptable-customer-service/m-p...

The machine has been sent over 4 times to the depot, still with the same problem.

I have given specific instructions to the NA Case Manager how to reproduce a problem, namely by re-installing the OS using a Lenovo-approved USB installer. But they do not seem very interested to actually admit that there is a problem.

I have now waited fo over 3 months to have the problem resolved. I am wondering who else I can contact within Lenovo. After over 3 months, the situation is getting absurd.

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited, keeping the conversation in one place.

Serrich
What's DOS?
Views: 5,416
Message 8 of 28

I just bought a y520 on June 6th and it took them 2 weeks to deli er the desktop and the day it Came it crashed on me 6 times with blue screen of death I called tech support and they said either I replace the unit or have a tech,I feel they need to fix the issue and when i asked for replacement i specify that i don't want ground shipping, the agent I spoke to promised me that it won't be ground shipping and yet no surprise they send it by ground shipping. Lenovo has nom o respect for customer , I rather take my money to a provider who will do a good service 

I will never buy any lenovo product again 

bilbo2
Paper Tape
Views: 3,878
Message 9 of 28

Did you explore complaining to outside consumer protectiona agencies. If so, who and with what results?

DG21
Paper Tape
Views: 2,101
Message 10 of 28

The same thing is happening to me RIGHT NOW!! What kind of company and customer is this!?!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors