Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

55 Posts

11-10-2010

United States of America

267 Signins

691 Page Views

• Views: 691
  • Message 1 of 5

Onsite Warranty Response/Repair Times During COVID-19 Experiences

2020-05-22, 16:52 PM

Hi,

Recently I had a ThinkPad system fan failure.   No worries - call Lenovo, they'll send me a box - I'll return it and be up and running in few days. This was my experience Pre-COVID-19.

Sorry - Lenovo Depot repair is 4 to 6 weeks behind.  Yikes!  Completely understandable.  

I'm rethinking my future extended warranty purchases, moving toward onsite repair instead of depot.

My question, due to the pandemic, how affected are response times for either: standard onsite repair warranty or the Premier Onsite warranty with Next Business Day?

Lenovo moderators/Admins - can you speak to this?  

Lenovo customers, if you needed onsite repair during COVID-19, what has been your experience with response and resolution time?

Thank you!

Al

Options

7 Posts

08-25-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 70
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Onsite Warranty Response/Repair Times During COVID-19 Experiences

2020-08-25, 13:32 PM

Theoretically have on-site warranty - they did not even suggest sending an engineer out instead asking me to send to depot.  2 weeks later still no progress on my repair so relying on borrowing friends laptop to work!

One would have hoped that on-site would be prioritised in the repair centre but clearly not. No suggestion of recompense or even an apology for the delay.

Options

7 Posts

08-25-2020

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-08-17, 11:30 AM

Sadly over a year on the same fault that I lost the laptop for over 6 weeks seems to have recurred and there's still no on-site repairs available!

Options

2 Posts

01-04-2021

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-09-10, 0:16 AM

Hi, I wanted to share my feedback on this as well in the UK. I am sorry to hear your experience as well. 

Laptop repair requested 21st July, received it on 8th September at last. Warranty ends on the 10th (today), I am debating whether to renew it as while the repair was done really well, it was a huge headache to get it done.

The support staff over e-mail are near-shore, so I appreciate there may be difficulties in communication.

Nonetheless, it took several requests to explain to them that they did not get my address correctly. Collection did not come for a week and then they created a new repair. I also requested a repair of battery and paid when that was requested. After constant chasing on 1st September they responded the laptop would be repaired by 10th September, however next day (2nd) I received a notice it'll be shipped the day after. Delivery was missed (window is until 6pm so I could not be around and already had made plans), and it took several more business days to get it redelivered because FedEx did not want to deliver it because guess what... the street name the support entered did not exist on the FedEx database. Eventually got it on 8th September after calling them 4 times.

The repair was great and I am very pleased with it. But the process with support and collection/delivery was such a hassle, for what was actually supposed to be on-site repair, and later, promised 5 business days, on top of them getting the address wrong and reissuing the repair. As the laptop was purchased in Europe, the ThinkPad warranty extension has to go through there as well, costing around £140 to add 1 year of the "on-site" support. I am told the amount of things to repair was a lot and also due to covid, shipping to depot was necessary.

Will have to make up my mind about what to do as I'm quite conflicted on this one. Would really appreciate if they can't deliver on the agreed or promised timelines, that they at least perhaps extend the warranty to compensate for it. Because on-sites are not being done any more I expect the costs to actually go down for them as well.

In another thread a Lenovo admin suggests to escalate such issues (UK as well): UK warranty repair 2 months and counting what are the escalation procedures ?-English Community (lenovo.com)

Options

7 Posts

08-25-2020

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-09-19, 9:53 AM

Yeah - when I asked about getting them to come out to fix the issue they just closed my service request without fixing the problem at all.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms