Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-09-2010

Lubbock

94 Signins

1235 Page Views

• Views: 1235
  • Message 171 of 752

Re: Help wanted: Please cancel my order for L412 and place my new order for X201

2010-06-19, 3:52 AM

:smileyvery-happy: Problem has been solved.

The sleeve case has been delivered to NC( don't need to be shipped back to china), and the system is also on the way.

GREENSBORO, NC, US 06/18/2010 9:18 A.M. DELIVERY 

TX, US 06/18/2010 9:04 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
  06/18/2010 4:25 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
US 06/18/2010 4:53 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

The representatives indeed helped me out. They gave me the  RMA# and UPS ground shipping label. What I needed to do was  ship all of these stuffs to NC and would get the full refund for previous order in 8 to 10 days.

Today I just placed my new order for X201...haha... Est. Ship Date   July 5th.  can't wait any more for my first thinkpad.

Advice here.........

If you want to change your configuration or replace your order,  do it asap...Otherwise, a long wait will blow away you guys' patience

Options

7 Posts

06-24-2010

San Francisco, CA

18 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 172 of 752

Re: Lenovo order and delivery delays

2010-06-24, 15:22 PM

Hi,

I find Lenovo's order and delivery methods quite strange.

I ordered a w510 on May 27, 2010.  The initial delivery date was June 22. I ordered from www.lenovo.com

Not so good, but they sent me however the mouse which arrived on the second try, the first package contained a battery for a different laptop.Took me a while to make myself understood to the support team, their English was not very good. 

My credit card was charged 28 $ for the mouse.

This week the delivery time was pushed back to July 29. However, I got notice that a power supply is on its way and that they will charge my credit card again for 100 $ or so.

The batteries are scheduled to be delivered in early July, the computer end of July, and the docking station in August.

I now have the problem that I have a certain deadline until which the funds that I am buying that computer from need to be processed. This deadline is July 31. Plus it is sort of annoying to submit 25 different receipts and credit card statements for the same order. So I asked them if the could charge my credit card for the whole amount right now. Sounded like a simple proposition to me.

However,according to the support staff this is not possible. I was promised to get a call back from the next level supervisor in the next two business days, I am a bit sceptical if this will happen.

Do they really want to retain business customers? Looks like a good way of losing at least one. I could live with the later delivery date, but it is sort of important for me to use these funds to buy the laptop. The only reason why I am still dealing with them is that I loved my last Thinkpad, never needed the warranty. The Dell that I had before was a crappy computer that broke all the time, but their service and warranty was top notch. But maybe I am comparing Apples and lemons here.

Cheers

Jan

Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 173 of 752

Compliant

2010-06-24, 18:02 PM

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

1 Posts

06-29-2010

Canada

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 174 of 752

Re: Order related customer service concerns

2010-06-29, 2:37 AM

I would said that is terrible IWS service provided in mainland China. they asked for everthing i.e. passport entry data & photo page, purchase receipt, and the like. even if the laptop is on warranty which is clearly recorded to on their system (the website - warranty lookup). why they keep asking for all over info again? can't belive how they care of customers!

Qing

Options

6 Posts

07-06-2010

Dallas

32 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 175 of 752

2010-07-06, 20:48 PM

I apologize in advance, but I have to rant on what is clearly becoming a slow downward spiral in customer service at Lenovo. I've been a loyal Thinkpad customer dating back to well before the Lenovo acquisition due to its solid design, reliability, and what was back then very efficient customer service.

The last 2 years however, I have experienced nothing but incompetence from top to bottom in every contact i have had with the Lenovo organization. Shipping delays, billing errors, no warning that shipping dates have been missed, no emailed tracking numbers, the list goes on and on (and this is even prior to receiving the actual laptop(s)!)

Technical support and followup is equally if not significantly worse. Parts sent to the wrong address, wrong parts sent to the correct address, incompetent techs, this list goes on and on as well in this area.

Lenovo, if you expect to keep your premium business customers (or any customer for that matter), I would highly suggest the following:

1) man your call centers with competent and friendlier people who speak english well and intelligently come up with solutions rather than blindly following scripts (which more often than not don't even apply to the situation at hand)

2) revamp your online order status - why do things take multiple days to update (if they even update at all)? Tracking numbers should be posted automatically when items ship.

3) KEEP PARTS IN STOCK - this has become farcical recently at Lenovo. NOTHING is ever in stock. New laptops take 1-2 weeks to build/ship (which is fine), or 2-4 months (which is not fine). The initial shipping estimates are never right, and the customer service reps provide ZERO additional information. Then when shipping dates slip, there is no notification. Something is seriously wrong when the most common docking station for a T510 doesn't ship for FOUR MONTHS after the order date. Ridiculous. Hard drives for in-service laptops are not in stock either. If a hard drive fails, Lenovo should have hundreds of replacements in inventory. Saying that they have no ETA on a hard drive for a business customer with next day service is COMPLETELY unacceptable.

There are so many other issues i can't possibly summarize in one sitting, but Lenovo, seriously, get your act together. You're quickly running out of proponents with the corners you've been cutting in the last few years. I sincerely hope you turn it around quickly, because while I like your laptops, your customer service is turning into an utter joke.

Options

7 Posts

06-24-2010

San Francisco, CA

18 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 176 of 752

2010-07-07, 16:11 PM

Just an update:

- after my complaint, I received an email from a guy named Pete K that he would contact me, which he never did.

- two days later my laptop arrived, delivery date is still 7/29. Beautiful machine, loved the screen, great keyboard, started to set it up.

- The laptop stopped working after a day

- On independence day I spent two hours on the phone with Lenovo and IBM, trying to convince them that I had purchased 3 years on site warranty. I emailed them my order as a pdf. Still had to ask for the supervisor.

- They left me a message on my voicemail that they would honor my warrant and that they had processed my service request. 

- Now I am waiting for the technician...

- They still have not charged my credit card, and the delivery dates are still in the future.

to be continued.

Note from Moderator:  Employee name/e-mail/phone removed to protect their privacy per the forum rules.

Options

7 Posts

06-24-2010

San Francisco, CA

18 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 177 of 752

2010-07-09, 17:19 PM

The saga continues, things are getting better:

- No on site visit had been scheduled, even though they had said that they would. I called them and very friendly customer service person got the machine running on the phone- only a static discharge, I had tried that but did it wrong.

- The machine works beautifully now, really nice computer. The additional battery does not charge fully, will need to check on that.

- I have received all my orders with the excecption of the docking station by now. No charge on my credit card yet, the accounting folks at my workplace will contact Lenovo next week.

- Will need to double- check if they actually updated my warranty.The online database still shows 1 year depot, but I paid for 3 years on site. They had told me last week that they would honor that, but....

Cheers

Jan

Options

6 Posts

07-06-2010

Dallas

32 Signins

98 Page Views

• Message 178 of 752

2010-07-12, 18:09 PM

Can somebody from Lenovo please help with my never-ending saga trying to get a docking station order cancelled? I have tried for over a week now to cancel the docking station portion of an order now due to them being out of stock first for a week, then 2 weeks, then a month, now they are showing a ship date of mid-september (on an order that was placed June 2nd).

I have repeatedly been told that it will take 1-2 days to cancel. It has now been over a week, and i constantly am told that it will be 1-2 more days for the cancellation to process. I have been repeatedly promised that somebody would call back within a day to correct the issue, and they never actually call (and the order is never cancelled). I simply don't understand why this is so difficult/time consuming.

My order number is 2F99L3. I have little hope that somebody will ever read/follow up on this from Lenovo, but this is getting to be ridiculous.

Options

47 Posts

02-04-2010

Toronto

172 Signins

2251 Page Views

• Views: 2251
  • Message 179 of 752

2010-07-12, 18:25 PM

Hi ncitrdude,

I will see what I can do from this end.

Vanessa

Options

6 Posts

07-06-2010

Dallas

32 Signins

98 Page Views

• Message 180 of 752

2010-07-14, 18:15 PM

Hi Vanessa,

Any luck with cancelling the docking station order? I got another form email saying the same as before and the order is still showing as in-process.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms