Czech Republic

28 Signins

332 Page Views

• Views: 332
  • Message 221 of 752

Re: Order related customer service concerns

2010-09-19, 19:26 PM

Hello,

my friend has ordered X201i for me, but in the last step system probably froze (neverending "proceeding" was displayed), so after an hour he closed it. When he saw the cart empty, he opened another web browser and made the order again - succesfully. What a surprise - two thinkpads were delivered and his credit card has been charged for two times. Could you help me please, what should we do?

Thank you.

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 222 of 752

2010-09-19, 22:53 PM
@t3mpu5.

You should call Lenovo immediately, and explain the situation to them, i think they would take back the laptop without charging you the restocking fee (provided you haven't opened the box).
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

6 Posts

10-03-2010

Japan

96 Signins

534 Page Views

• Views: 534
  • Message 223 of 752

2010-10-03, 0:29 AM

I placed an order with Lenovo Thursday and I haven't gotten anything in my email saying I placed an order, let alone an actual order confirmation; though my credit card was charged.

I was just wondering if Lenovo's been slower than usual in confirming orders.

Options

1 Posts

10-03-2010

Warsaw

7 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 224 of 752

2010-10-04, 0:00 AM

Helo,

Is anyone on this forum able to help me to get ordered Lenovo computer, please? Or get my payment back? Or to get any feedback from Lenovo?

My tragically history of  buying customized Lenovo x201 online:
I arrived to Sanford University on June 15th  (for 2,5 month course) and I have decided to purchase a notebook to use during my studies.

After various models comparison I have unfortunately chose Lenovo. The purchase calendar goes as follow:

28.06 – I chose the configuration I wanted and tried to buy it on Lenovo site.

29.06 – I got an email from Lenovo that I cannot pay with the international credit card

1.07 – I asked for an advice how can I pay if I have only Polish card and a bank account?

5.07 – I got an email from Lenovo saying that I can pay with US credit card or wire transfer only

9.07 – I called Lenovo to change my order type to wire transfer and finally I got all the information I needed to place the wire transfer.
I was told that I will receive new order number, when Lenovo will get the wire transfer

10.07 – I made the wire transfer, it has been confirmed as completed by my bank.

15.07 – I got the new Order Number (2FDCT2) and a link to a webpage where I can check my order status

After few days I was trying to check the status. It was not possible. I thought they have some problems so I tried again next day – nothing changed – my order didn’t exist. I was trying to view it for a few days with no change, so I called Lenovo.

They didn’t know what happened. They said they will check what happened and contact me.

23.07 – I got an email from Lenovo: “I heard that you had spoken to one of my fellow sales reps about your order status. The system does show that the wire transfer did not go through. Is there some other form of payment that you would like to try other than wire transfer, like a credit card? Please inform me of what you would like to do from here.”

I responded the same day by email – I said that I made the wire transfer 2 weeks ago and my bank confirmed  that it reached beneficiary account.
I also told that I already tried to pay with credit card, but it was not possible.

No answer to my problem, no messages no help from Hunter within next week.

I wrote two more emails but I didn’t get any response.
I also tried to call few times but every time the only answer was voicemail.

29.07 – My call to Lenovo was answered – said that my wire transfer was found and asked what would I want to do - get a refund or repeat the order. I re-placed the order, but unfortunately I decided to extend my configuration and I had to pay additionally about 350$ more.

The same day I got an email with exact additional payment  I had to pay and all necessary information to do the wire transfer.
She asked to let her know once I have sent the wire transfer and she will keep eyes opened for the funds.

30.07 – I made the additional transfer and sent the confirmation email.

For next month  I made many attempts to get any information about my order status but
I didn’t get any response nor refund since then.

30.09 – I came back to Poland without notebook and any message what happens to my order, notebook or money transferred to Lenovo. I have tried to learn about the order status for entire September but there is no response from Lenovo – just black hole.

This is why desperately I am seeking any help or advice on this forum. I hope I will not have to look for it somewhere else.

Thank you in advance,

Wiktor

Moderator edit: The Community Rules request that participants respect the privacy of all community members and not publish full names, email, or direct phone numbers of others without permission.

Options

47 Posts

02-04-2010

Toronto

172 Signins

2251 Page Views

• Views: 2251
  • Message 225 of 752

2010-10-06, 14:24 PM

Hi Sean Yamada,

Please send me a private message with your Order number and I will be happy to check on things from this end.

Thanks,

Vanessa

Options

47 Posts

02-04-2010

Toronto

172 Signins

2251 Page Views

• Views: 2251
  • Message 226 of 752

2010-10-06, 14:28 PM

Hello wiktorg,

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far with your order.

It sounds long and frustrating.

I will take a look into your order from this end and see what I can do.

Vanessa

Options

80 Posts

10-11-2010

United States of America

950 Signins

2855 Page Views

• Views: 2855
  • Message 227 of 752

2010-10-11, 22:15 PM

I'm gettting very disapointed wilth all the posts of negative comments towards shipping and everything.:(

I'm going to give Lenovo a chance but if I get poor service or have to wait 3 months for my dumb laptop to ship I'm going to demand a refund and go back into my Mac bubble and never come out...ever....You guys are the last company I'm willing to try thats not Apple. :(

Thinkpad E570,X220,X61,T500,Yoga 700 11"
Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 228 of 752

2010-10-11, 23:33 PM

macandpc91 - keep in mind that forums are negative by nature.   it's very rare for happy users of products to go out of their way to praise something.   people typically join forums to solve problems or complain.

we definitely appreciate you stepping out of your bubble to give Lenovo a try.   don't give up hope prematurely. ;)

welcome to the forum, btw! :)

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

80 Posts

10-11-2010

United States of America

950 Signins

2855 Page Views

• Views: 2855
  • Message 229 of 752

2010-10-12, 1:00 AM
Thank you, I'm really hoping all the negative reports are just a few bad experiences. :) I'm looking forward to not having a Mac and having to worry about getting jumped everyday at school when I pull it out. :P
Thinkpad E570,X220,X61,T500,Yoga 700 11"
Options

1 Posts

10-20-2010

Spring, TX

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 230 of 752

2010-10-20, 2:42 AM

Found my way here through a google search for "ccorders@lenovo.com," whose e-mail to me regarding a (nonexistent) discrepancy between my billing and shipping addresses was so poorly punctuated and spelled that I assumed at first it was fraudulent.

However, given that my order status appears to have frozen (placed on 10/14), I called my bank, who assured me the charge has cleared and who double-checked the address information for me. I've provided my bank's phone number to ccorders@lenovo.com.

I have not heard anything. Now, having read through this thread, I'm wondering if I should give up while I still have time to order a system from someone else (I have a sort of small window to be at home to receive shipment).

Any advice?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms