canada

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 261 of 752

Re: Order related customer service concerns

2011-01-09, 18:29 PM

Hello

i bought an ideapad on dec28th 2010. I got contradictory information about my order statue. 

The sale rep said my order has been released to manufacture on dec.29th, however, as i checked again on jan 7th, the sale rep said the order will release to manufacture sure.

So, could someone please check my order statue for me. (ps, the order statue on the lenovo website never got updated, it's different than what sale rep can see)

Also, please tell me my estimated shipping date. I need the laptop before jan 18th

my order number is 4240214178

Options

5 Posts

01-09-2011

canada

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 262 of 752

2011-01-11, 1:36 AM

Hello,

I bought a lenovo ideapad on dec 28th. since there has been an issue with the credit card, the order was blocked.

So i contacted lenovo's credit card department and informed that the question has been solved. Also, i checked with my banker and the banker said lenovo already charged me on 29th.

I called lenovo on jan 3rd to make sure the order was processed, the sale rep told me the order has been released to manufacture.

I called lenovo again on jan 7th to check my order status, i was informed the order will be released to manufacture on the next business day.

Again, on jan 10th, i called lenovo to make sure my order can be shipped on time, i was told that there was a block on my order and i need to check back 48 hours later. 2 hours later, my order has been process, but the shipping date is jan 24th(i need the laptop on 18th). So, i called lenovo again and want to cancel my order. The sale rep said it has already been released to manufacture and can't be cancelled, The only way i can get my money back is wait for the laptop ship to me and then return it.

So, my question is, why i was given so many different answers from sale rep? Also, lenovo said it will ship my laptop within 15 business days, which will be jan 18th, so, is it breach of contract if lenovo doesn't ship it to me on 18th. Last question, if lenovo can't ship to me on 18th, then how can i cancel my order?

Moderator edit: Matched subject to thread.

Options

1 Posts

01-14-2011

Florida

53 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 263 of 752

2011-01-14, 3:35 AM

TL;DR -

Ordered a T410 with the Intel SSD on Black Friday. UPS lost it. Called Lenovo Customer Support and they sent a replacement. Replacement order confirmation shows a 500GB HD instead. Customer Support won't let me cancel my order and assures me it's the HD I ordered originally (even though they have different part numbers) and the description is just off. I received the laptop 2 weeks ago with the 500GB HD and not the SSD I ordered.

It's been nearly 7 weeks since I ordered the computer, I've placed 8 calls to Customer Support and I've been on the phone nearly 7 hours with them. They keep telling me it's what I ordered. When I look at my original order it just says Part No. 45M4832 SBB HARD DRIVE:HD. Anyone have any advice?

Full story -

I ordered a Lenovo T410 on November 26th during their Black Friday sale. The primary reasons I chose the T410 was because of the great experience my son had with his T400 and because Lenovo is one of the few manufactures to offer the option of a solid state hard drive. During customization, I chose the Intel 160GB SSD with an upgrade price of $350. I had read good reviews about this SSD and the price seemed comparable to that on Newegg.com. I placed my order and the laptop was later shipped via UPS on December 6.

On December 17, I grew concerned about my laptop. The tracking on UPS reported that the packaged had arrived in Louisville, KY on December 9, but its status had not been updated in over a week. I called Lenovo and they said that it was in customs and that there was nothing they could do. I then called UPS to check the status. They told me it passed through customs on December 9, shortly after it was received there, and it had a scheduled delivery of December 13. Since it was the 17th and I had not received it yet, I was told by UPS that I needed to contact Lenovo and have them initiate an investigation with UPS to track down the package. I immediately called Lenovo, told them the situation, had my call dropped, and finally was told it would take 5 business days to track down the package.

Later that evening, I receive an email saying the package was in fact lost and that a replacement would be built and sent to me. Over the next 5 days, I wait for an email letting me know if the replacement had shipped. I grew curious, so I gave Lenovo a call. After an hour on the phone, they finally tell me my order was placed and I should receive an email within the next 11 business days to let me know the laptop was shipped.

The next day, I received an email with the order confirmation for the replacement laptop. I go through the order to verify that the replacement was the same as my original order. I immediately see the phrase “500GB HD” next to the hard drive description. I say, “This is not what I ordered.” I check my original order and all it says is “Hard Drive: HD.” I then compare part numbers; the order with the SSD HD has the part no. 45M4832 and the order with the 500GB description has the part no. 45M4828. So I get on the phone with Lenovo again, and after two hours, two dropped calls, the customer service assures me that the replacement laptop includes the HD I originally ordered. I tell them, “but they have different part numbers and different descriptions. “ The customer service representative tells me that when parts become unavailable or are updated, the part numbers will change. At this point, I’m uncomfortable with the situation and I tell them that I want to cancel my order. I am transferred to the financial office. The financial representative is now doing everything she possibly can to prevent me from canceling my order. Everyone keeps assuring me that I will receive what I ordered. Eventually, my call gets dropped, so I decide to call technical support. I reach IBM in Atlanta, and he tells me that the part numbers on my order status are not the same as his part numbers, so he can’t verify it. But when/if I get the laptop and it doesn’t have the correct HD, then I can call them back and they will overnight the correct HD to me. This makes me more comfortable and I decide to wait until the laptop arrives.

On December 31, I finally received the laptop. I turn it on and hear the hard drive start spinning immediately confirming that it was not the SSD I ordered. I check “My Computer” and find that the HD is around 460GB. I go back to the phone and call Lenovo. I called technical support in Atlanta again since they seemed to understand my situation and would be able to help me. I am eventually told that since the 500GB HD, not the SSD, was on the order of the replacement laptop and I received a 500GB hard drive, there was nothing he could do and I would need to call customer support.

I call Lenovo’s customer support, and as predicted, they tell me that I got what was on the order, a 500GB HD. I tell him that I want to return the laptop because it isn’t what I ordered/paid for. I am informed that I would be charged a 20% restocking fee because I opened the box. How was I supposed to verify the HD without opening the box? The only paperwork on the outside of the box was in reference to either UPS or the warranty. After an hour on the phone, I go up two levels of supervisors and I am told that he will need to “discuss it with his team” and that he will get back with me after New Years.

I never heard back from him after New Years, so I gave customer support a call on January 7th. I am told to send an email to the supervisor I talked to on December 31st.

Finally, I got a call on January 13th from the supervisor and he told me that since my original order confirmation only had the ambiguous description “Hard Drive: HD”, then I got the hard drive that I ordered. I mentioned that the part numbers are not the same and he told me he would get back with me and hung up.

I’m at a point where I don’t know what to do next. I don’t get anywhere with the customer support. I have a feeling that the representatives in customer support know that they made a mistake, they just won’t admit it. When I call and question them about the issue, they always come up with some excuse and try to get me off the phone as quickly as possible. What’s unfortunate is every person I talk to at IBMs technical support in Atlanta understands my situation, but there is nothing they are able to do for me.

Options

47 Posts

02-04-2010

Toronto

172 Signins

2251 Page Views

• Views: 2251
  • Message 264 of 752

2011-01-14, 13:08 PM

Jbrown237

Please send me a Private Message with your order #, I'd be happy to see what I can do from this end.

Vanessa

Options

10 Posts

01-14-2011

USA

6 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 265 of 752

2011-01-14, 23:58 PM

Hey Guys,

Like so many of you have noticed, unlike other companies, Lenovo has no complaints department that can actually handle your complaints.  Please give me your opinion on how to resolve my problem.

I placed an order on the Lenovo website on Dec 30, 2010 to take advantage of the 15percent year-end discounts.  I configure my system and submit the order only to find out that the 15% was not applied.  I immediately sent websales@lenovo.com an email telling them.  Five days pass and I have not received a reply so I sent another email to them.  Again, no response.

I received my order the second week of January ,2011 and I called Lenovo to ask about the 15% discount.  Here are their reasons the Representatives gave for DENYING me the discount:

The discount code is not valid anymore in 2011   ( even though the order was placed the  back in December 2010.)

They did no received any of my emails about the 15% so Lenovo cannot do anything ( even though I forwarded to the Representative my “SENT” copy with the date and time stamped of my emails showing that I did send it to them back in December).

I told the representative to connect me to the billing department hoping that they can make the adjustment or at least look at the invoice.  There is NOT a Billing department.!!!

In the end, the representative told me that I will be charge a 15% restocking fee if I return it. I guess LENOVO can only charge your credit card but not "credit" it. 

What should I do?

Thanks Guys.

--“ I sure do missed IBM, and HP /Dell looks pretty good now “

Note from Moderator:  Please don't post the same message in multiple boards/threads as it splinters the discussion.  Duplicate(s) removed.

Options

9 Posts

01-15-2011

Australia

170 Signins

356 Page Views

• Views: 356
  • Message 266 of 752

2011-01-15, 3:05 AM

I bought X201 with extended 3 yrs warranty since July 2010. BTW, my warranty have still shown only 1 yr. It's a half year for warranty updating process. What's happen with your system???? Could you help me?

Options

9 Posts

01-15-2011

Australia

170 Signins

356 Page Views

• Views: 356
  • Message 267 of 752

2011-01-18, 0:23 AM
Nobody there? Anyone can help me?
Options

1 Posts

01-21-2011

MADISON, MISSISSIPPI, USA 39110

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 268 of 752

2011-01-21, 4:24 AM

ORDER #XXXXXX FOR CINDY XXXXXX. PLEASE ADVISE STATUS AND EXPECTED SHIP DATE. APPARENTLY, SHIPPING DELAYS AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE BIG ISSUES WITH LENOVO. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS: XXXXX

moderator note: personal information removed for your privacy.

Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 269 of 752

2011-01-21, 5:18 AM

wrote:

ORDER #XXXXXX FOR CINDY XXXXXX. PLEASE ADVISE STATUS AND EXPECTED SHIP DATE. APPARENTLY, SHIPPING DELAYS AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE BIG ISSUES WITH LENOVO. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS: XXXXX

sam - welcome to the forum!

please visit lenovoorders.com to check your order status.   this forum isn't intended as a direct channel for customers to check order status.

regarding delays and poor customer service, consider that only those who have problems tend to post online.   those with positive experiences are too busy using and enjoying their systems to tell the world about it.   forums and blogs are inherently negative by nature as it's common practice to vent one's frustration on the internet.   with millions of systems sold every year, the numbers of complaints are quite small in comparison.   of course, the issues are important but so is the big picture.

on a side note, please refrain from posting in all caps.   it's akin to shouting on the internet and makes text difficult to read.   thank you. ;)

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

1 Posts

01-21-2011

Lawrenceville, GA

14 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 270 of 752

2011-01-21, 18:54 PM

I ordered what I thought was my first Lenovo laptop Yesterday morning. Today I receive the e-mail posted below telling me

that my order was cancelled because of unexpected demand. Why would you not have a system that stops taking orders when you no longer have the product in stock? I ordered the laptop at 9:24AM EST, very earlier in the day after the sale was announced. 

Not only was my sale cancelled but the only remedy I was invited to look at two other models at more than twice the cost. That is not good customer service.

This does not promote confidence in your company or in your customer service.

Dear TODD BLACKBURN

Thank you for your recent Lenovo order for an IdeaPad Y460. 
Unfortunately, due to unexpected demand, we have sold out of
the product you requested, and we will have to cancel your
order. 

We appreciate your consideration, however, and invite you to
check out other offerings that may interest you, including our
IdeaPads Y560p and Z560.  These products are in stock, and are
available at www.lenovo.com.

We apologize that we are unable to fulfill your order, and
thank you again for your interest in Lenovo products.

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this
order, please contact us via email at ssrteam1@lenovo.com

Regards,
Lenovo Sales

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms