12-18-2009 05:23 PM
I can see that there are many people here who do not appreciate lenovo customer service. they post here (edited) and then someone tells them not to yell? is this the service? obviously you lenovo people have a short fuse.
how would you like recieve a computer which doesn't work, then spend hours on the phone, trying to get a hold of tech service, who refuses to do anything, just says, return for refund. then we have to spend more hours and hours on the phone before we get a very poor english speaking person, who can't answer any questions intelligebly. then the guy gives me somebody else who treats me like dirt because i am a woman (i am sure he would have been more respectful if my husband was still on the phone). this Syed lies to me that there are no lenovo service centers in America. (i checked: there are thousands of them). then he tells me that it would take three weeks for our money to be returned, gets me all upset, because we needed the computer or the money before christmas (it took three days). another thing he said, which is probably a lie also, that lenovo doesn't exchange, because we would be happy to exchange.
my husband had such hopes for lenovo, but now he is concerned that this kind of sevice is the norm and doesn't want lenovo anymore.
as for me, if some employee in the Us treated people like dirt and lied to them like this, he would be unemployed very quickly.
12-19-2009 07:58 AM - last edited on 12-19-2009 08:02 AM by JaneL
I've been reading these posts for some time now with a mixture of disbelief and regret.
Much like many of the other posters I have had a very poor experience with lenovo's customer service and online ordering process. The worst part of the story is that I had read about others' problems and of course, did't think it'd happen to me. It did.
My story in brief is:
1. I ordered a Y550 laptop 12/2/09. Estimated shipping date was 12/10/09. This was fine as I was ordering the laptop predicated on the fact that it would be available prior to Christmas. I was very pleased with the competitive price and configuration of the computer that I had ordered.
2. On 12/10/09 the estimated ship date was pushed back to 12/31/09. I called customer service twice over the next two days and had a poor experience speaking with the customer service reps. It was obvious that they were trying to communicate effectively but it just didn't happen. I called to inquire re: the accuracy of the estimated ship date and to garner more information regarding the build/shipping process. The representative stated that the order indeed would not be available until the end of the month and that there were "major delays" due to heavy order volume. I ended up requesting to cancel the entire order out of frustration.
3. Instead, I ordered a laptop from a competitor a few days later.
4. Lo and behold, on 12/15/09 I received an email stating that my order had been shipped! -- very surprising seeing that the order was a) cancelled and b)not even originally scheduled to ship for over 2 more weeks!!! The lenovo website was down for two days and I was unable to access my order to find out whether or not this was an error. I finally called and (much like others- there have been problems with long waits and dropped calls with the customer service number) got through to the "floor supervisor" and discussed my situtation. He was largely indifferent and unhelpful. I am not certain as to what happens now. My credit card has been charged already and the order had been shipped already.
5. Today, I have now received 2 laptops; and have been charged for two laptops as well. Also, the lenovo that was shipped to me has the wrong sized harddrive!! So not only did lenovo ship and bill for a cancelled order; they sent the wrong build anyway! Unbelievable...
I have been generally pleased with IBM products in the past but do not have much experience with lenovo post merger. I must say that the poor quality of the online ordering process/ website and poor customer service that I have had- and that has been documented on this board by others-has made me quite angry. I don't know the next step now.
So, in sum, if you're reading this and considering a lenovo-- think again.
12-19-2009 09:33 AM
So, in sum, if you're reading this and considering a lenovo-- think again.
Welcome to the Lenovo forum. I wish you'd come here under happier circumstances, but hopefully you and Lenovo can work something out to your satisfaction.
Your ordering process is not atypical, to judge from this forum. This is very unfortunate, because new customer confusion and disappointment during the ordering/build/billing/shipping/delivery process really gets things off on the wrong foot. I hope Lenovo can improve the process. IMHO they build great machines, but that alone isn't enough when selling direct to consumers.
I think your conclusion above is valid, but would modify it slightly:
If you're thinking of ordering direct from Lenovo and it's critical that you receive your new computer by a certain date, think again.
Where "think again" means:
(1) I think is true on an objective basis. (2) is more IMHO.
12-19-2009 10:23 PM - last edited on 12-19-2009 11:42 PM by JaneL
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED BY ANY COMPANY. I ordered my W700DS on 11/24/09. I was told it will be shipped on 12/10. I had asked to pay extra to have a rush but no one returned my email till after the 10th. It took more than 10 days to respond to my email. It then got pushed to 12/18 to be shipped. I called again to complain abd they said they couldn't do anything. I finally got to talk to a human from America. They offered me a bag for my troubles and we settled on Office for student. I am a handicapped person who relies on his computer to make money. Without one I am dead in the water. I again contacted them by email and finally got a response back saying it is on time to ship on the 18th. Well today I checked and now it is set to ship on the 28th. Still no one has called me or emailed me to tell me that. i had to go on the order status site to find this out. This company SUCKS in customer service i would never recommended it to anyone even somone I don't like.
12-20-2009 04:08 PM
Hi! Last week I purchased one of the new-ish Y450s with Windows 7, directly from Lenovo.com. My first purchase from Lenovo--and so far it's been great! Really fast (free!) shipping, gorgeous laptop, Windows 7 euphoria, etc. Thank you!
However, I am wondering about the warranty procedures. I purchased a 3 year ADP, but haven't heard anything about warranty registration, or the redeeming process yet. I checked the online warranty status using my model and serial # info, but all that comes up is the 1 year limited warranty. The 3 year ADP purchase still does show up in my 'Cart' history on my Lenovo.com account, but that's the only confirmation I've received about it so far. Should I be expecting anything else?
12-20-2009 04:17 PM
Welcome to the Lenovo forums, and congrats on your new laptop.
In my experience it takes a week or so after your Lenovo has been delivered for the online warranty status to be updated to reflect your machine's warranty. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it at the moment, but make a note to yourself to check it again in a week or two. If it's still not right then, you should definitely contact Lenovo and get it straightened out.
12-21-2009 07:57 AM - last edited on 12-21-2009 08:23 AM by JaneL
I am getting really frustrated trying to purchase a Thinkpad 400s at the USA website. It started during the Black Friday / Cyber monday sales period when I tried making a purchase online. In the middle of completing the transactions, the website hung on me trice. Later, i was notified via email that all of my orders were cancelled because Lenovo suspected some fraud with my credit card and barred my card from subsequent purchases. I called my sales rep to sort things out and he said that he would check with the credit department and its been 10 days since I heard from him. I also offered to speak to the credit department to sort things out, but they stated that it was not possible for me to speak to them. What a high and mighty department indeed.
Firstly it was not my problem as the website failed on me and now it seems like I'm being punished for something I did not commit. If anyone has any contact to the credit department please let me know so that I can straighten this whole mess out. Thanks
12-21-2009 08:37 AM - last edited on 12-21-2009 09:28 AM by JaneL
Important: When I tried to check the status of my order, for the last couple of days I am geting the below message,
"Invalid Customer Number and/or Order Number.
Please verify that your customer number and order number have been entered correctly."
The order number is: 2E3KJL
Below is the reply I got from the sales rep 16Dec2009,
Your order has not yet been printed to the warehouse to be put together. Please verify the correct configuration you requested, and I will make the changes and have it printed to the warehouse to be put together. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
I had emailed the sales rep the correct configuration. I know she's trying to help me but the process is very slow. If you want I would email you the sales rep details who's looking into this issue.
12-21-2009 09:59 AM - last edited on 12-21-2009 10:41 AM by JaneL
I placed an Order for Laptop on Lenovo.com using my debit card. They debited my card for Laptop .
Next day I cancelled the orders before shipment.
I have been charged but they have not issued the refund.
I send a mail to websales@lenovo,com but nobody responded to mail. I have tried to call them but even after holding for 2 hours no one responds.
Lenovo has the worst customer service I have ever seen.
Please send the refund immediately