KW

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Placing a custom ThinkPad order

2020-07-04, 22:10 PM

Hello,

How do I go about customizing my ThinkPad order if my regional website (MENA) doesn't have that functionality and will only refer me to resellers? (these resellers obviously have pre-configured machines and do not have the exact specs I want)

I don't mind ordering from the US store (I do use mail-forwarding services in the US and elsewhere), but that means I will get a US-style power adapter/plug, and the keyboard will only have English printed on it. Now both of these are minor inconveniences that I can live with, but it would be nice if it was possible for me to customize my ThinkPad AND have the right power adapter and properly printed keyboard keycaps (both English and Arabic).

Is it possible to maybe contact Lenovo on a certain email address to order my special unit? (the web configuration tool on the US store won't allow me to choose an Arabic keyboard for example, nor will it allow me to choose a UK-style plug, which is what we also use here in Kuwait).

Thanks.

Options

7946 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32487 Signins

1199085 Page Views

• Views: 1199085
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Placing a custom ThinkPad order

2020-07-06, 17:40 PM

Hello @yha84  welcome to Community,

I appreciate your situation but would suggest you speak to local resellers and ask if they are able to order a CTO, Configured To Order, system on your behalf, I believe this should be possible. Ordering a system from another site such as the USA or UK will likely result in issues, read the full terms and conditions of any site before ordering. National sites do not do export nor do they deliver to freight forwarders or similar, the card used to place the order, with very few exceptions, needs to have been issued in that country with invoice and shipping addresses needing to be registered with the card issuer. Then there could also be issues with warranty after purchase, if the system type / configuration was not sold in your country it will likely not be supported nor qualify for warranty because you are not relocating or transient.

Your safest route is to purchase locally.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete