Options

3 Posts

07-29-2020

US

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 4

Please help. I just don't know what to do next.

2020-09-16, 9:08 AM

Regarding Lenovo Legion Desktop   Case # 7029253170  

• We purchased a desktop PC as a Christmas present for our 11 year old son, from a Military appreciation site. I needed US spec as that is where we will return to.  We're currently in Germany.
  • He started having technical issues with the Bluetooth and Audio and in the first week of June.  We placed 3 calls to technical support to try to find a solution at home.  It was decided we would need to send the PC for physical repairs and I posted it 10 June (mailed and insured at my own cost). The PC was received at the Repair Depot in Houston 2 July.

• Meanwhile, my son had saved up to pay half for a PC-based VR headset as a birthday present, which so far he has never got to use as we mailed the PC 3 weeks before his birthday.

• After multiple calls and emails back and forth with Lenovo regarding the repair.  The PC was finally repaired and mailed 4 Aug. Since 13 Aug it has been “in transit” to the next location.  The Lenovo Repair Depot says they are not responsible once it leaves their location.
  • I put in a search with USPS.  Their reply after some days was that the situation was resolved because it was military mail and that can take longer.  I contacted the Military Mail Operations center, but the PC had not been received there.
  • I have tried to contact the post office in Houston and no one answers the phone and amusingly enough you can’t leave a message because their mailbox is full.
  • I contacted Lenovo again to ask if they had insured the PC.  I didn’t get a reply for this other than the person I was emailing was not the one that posted the unit, but was given a follow-on phone number to call. I have called this twice and each auto reply has told me to go to the online chat system.
  • I had done this twice previously and been told they would look into it.  I’ve heard nothing.

Everybody just wants to blame everybody else.  I am now left with a distraught 12 year old who has cried himself to sleep more than once. My son has lost his Christmas present and cannot use his birthday present. We are $1,194 out of pocket (plus $76.90 for postage) and the computer is still under warranty.    I do not have the resources to just go out and buy another PC. I feel helpless and utterly useless to my son, and I’m angry because I don’t know what else to do to fix this after 3 ½ months and I'm really becoming worried I won't be able to fix this for him.

Options

9080 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32590 Signins

1204635 Page Views

• Views: 1204635
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Please help. I just don't know what to do next.

2020-09-18, 14:30 PM

Hello @Trixie68 

Really sorry to read about your situation, I reached out to colleagues who have confirmed that tracking appears to have got stuck on Aug. 13. which clearly isn't encouraging. It's unclear to me how we can help resolve this, it's a new situation for me, but I will explore some options in the hope that it is possible.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

07-29-2020

US

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-21, 17:25 PM

Hello Andy,

I feel like I responded to this but it doesn't seem to be on the site.  I'm really not so tech savvy.  I would really like to have the insurance information from the Houston Service Depot that sent the desktop.  I might be able then to go back to USPS to claim for the item.

Thanks.

Options

9080 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32590 Signins

1204635 Page Views

• Views: 1204635
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-21, 19:16 PM

Hello @Trixie68 

As stated this is a new situation for me and unknown ground. Fortunately the Customer Relations Team have agreed to open a case and investigate any options which might be available to help resolve it, this will likely involve contacting USPS and Military post to establish the current status. It is not something that I am able to actively assist with but I do expect that you will be contacted in the next days for further information / details regarding your situation, please work with my colleagues to hopefully resolve the situation soonest.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete