10-20-2012

Thailand

5 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 2

Poor Carry-in Service Support Ever!

2012-10-20, 9:16 AM

I would like to share you my story about Thinkpad.

I’m Thinkpad customer for 12 years. I will say I’m BIG FANS of Thinkpad. I do trusted that Thinkpad is the best in laptop Product in term of Quality and Services for business use.

Until I found issue with my latest laptop X220.

I’m using my 10-14 hours a day. I have bought this X220 laptop i7 for a year for answer about performance and mobility wise. 

Oct 1: I suddenly found that my laptop cannot connect to WiFi. I still try to fix the issue myself unfortunately it’s kind of hardware issue. Finally, I got blue screen after that I cannot access to Windows 7 again.

Oct 2: I decide to send my laptop to Service Center @ IBM Support Center (Soi Aree). I’ve draft issue description to service center and hoping that this will help them speed up for finding root cause. The CSR has responded that the engineer will contact back to confirm the issue and root cause.

Oct 5:There’s no feedback from Service Center. I decided to make a call to support center. But there is nobody answer my call. I keep ringing and ring. I have wait for 10 mins and recall to service center so many times.

Oct 8: Still there is no feedback. I started to repeat my steps, calling to Service Center. Again there is no body pick up the call. That’s make me very unhappy.

Oct 9: I decided to visit Lenovo Service Center. I found that CSR is not busy that day, During waiting for Engineer whom take cares my case. I wonder why there’s nobody answer Claim Follow up call. I try to call to Service Center number. I found that there is nobody answer my call. Something is really wrong there. Once I talked with Engineer it seems there is no further progress for my case despite I have sent to Service Center for a week. Engineer try to explain that thy have turn-on my laptop for 2 days but still cannot find out issue. I start wonder this kind of issue is not require to turn-on laptop for 2 days. At the end, engineer tell me that they need a few days to find out and fix issue. Tell them about my urgent to fix my laptop. Again they committed to response back in 2-3 days. So I got personal engineer number for checkup the status. Then I started to complain about delay of resolution and communication channels. But seem CSR (Front Desk) is not care about this.

Oct 10: Still there is no further status from Service Center

Oct 11: Still there is no further status from Service Center, I started make a call to check up the status. Service Center still there is nobody picked up the call event calling so many times. I choose to call engineer, I got result that my laptop is not ready yet due to the spare part. They said they will call back to confirm me the date for spare part delivery within 1hour. and again there is nobody call me. So I make a call to them again but the mobile phone was turn off

Oct 12: I tried to call Service center in the morning. There is nobody answer the call again. At noon, the engineer has called me back that my laptop was fixed by that day. I decide to go to Service Center immediately to pick up my laptop. Once got my laptop, Engineer told me that the edge of screen cover was cracked during fixing issue. Luckily they said they will pay for spare part themselves but it might take time for buying spare part. I agreed to take laptop back and schedule with them for fixing the cracked.

Once I got back to my office. I started re-install Microsoft Windows myself and found that

-          Part number was change 4268CTO change to 4XXXCYX, so I ignore it and proceed to install windows

-          After installation, I found BIG mistake that my processor from Intel Core i7 was changed to Core I5.

This is my last stand. I call to Service Center immediately but again. NOBODY ANSWER THE CALL. I try to call Engineer Number but his number was written down on Claim Form that I have returned back to Service center. I call to Lenovo Support Call Center and explain all event for my claim. I resist to get answer immediate and don’t want any CALLBACK from call center or anybody. So Call Center told me that they will conference calls to Service Center. Then they disappear for 5 mins and told me that they also cannot contact Service Center as well. That’s not surprise me. Because I keep doing this for 2 weeks. I resist to get responsibility for my case immediately. They disappear for 10 mins and now they can get Service Center in the line with me. After conversation, they commit to fix my laptop on Monday. I resisted not to go to Service Center. They must fix this issue at my office.  And that is Service Center commitment again.

Oct 22: Still there is no call from Service Center

Oct 23: I call to Lenovo Call Center again and ask about commitment, luckily On-Site engineer calling me for fixing issue with my laptop.

After repaired my laptop, I make a call to Lenovo Call Center to discuss to responsible person. I got that, his name is Mr. xxxx  and his boss Mr. xxxx. I started to tell him my story. I expected that there should be some responsibility from Lenovo to my case for such a poor carry-in service. Be frankly I have asked him to upgrade my warranties from carry-in to on-site service because I don’t want to experience this again but they refused to do that and reason about company policy. That is very disappoint me.

Things I want to share to you

1. Quality of Thinkpad is lower than usual.
  2. There is no customer service mind CSR in Service Center
  3. Very bad process to communicate with customer.
  4. Engineer lacks of skill
  5. They cannot complete their commitments.

From all above of my story, I expected you to see the actual service performance in Thailand. This may be one of the reason why Thinkpad user are lesser and lesser every day. Comparing with another brand who can got bigger and bigger market like DELL. They offer a lot better service these day.

I’m not the only who got bad experience from Thinkpad Service Center these days.

You may ask somebody to check their story from http://www.thaithinkpad.com community site.

Moderator Note: Employee name removed to protect privacy.

Options

135 Posts

08-22-2011

Singapore

1998 Signins

48597 Page Views

• Views: 48597
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Poor Carry-in Service Support Ever!

2012-10-25, 9:25 AM

Hi withayap,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I would like to help escalate this matter and need some details.

I've sent you a private message. Please let me know.

Thanks!

regards

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete