Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

02-11-2017

United States of America

19 Signins

143 Page Views

• Views: 143
  • Message 1 of 4

Poor Customer support and lack of understanding of computer LEMON LAWS

2017-12-19, 7:35 AM

I will be sending in my Thinkpad for the 5th time for servicing within only one year! for an audio issuse.

I 'escalated' my case as was adviced and talked with an ibm manager of some sort today..or rather should I say I haggled with him over what the next logical step was to take about the ongoing audio problem with my laptop.

Finally he concluded, after I suggested that the laptop obvioiusly has real problem and is a lemon and should be replaced, that I needed to send it in yet one more time and he will get it to the 'top level technicians' to work on. I asked who worked on it before...flunkies???

Why did I need to go thru 4 repairs in 10 months and haggle for an hour today with a manager to get my laptop to a 'top technician"! Shouldn't that have been done by the second or even third time it was sent back for the same issue????

I am very frustrated with the way customer service is handling the warrenty I have with my laptop. It is totally unacceptable to continue to send this laptop in for repair 5x for the same issue. I should be issued a new laptop and this one should be 'studied' for what the problem is so it can be learned how to not let it happen again!

PLEASE can someone, anyone, tell me how to get ahold of the Lenovo administration who handles these kinds of cases of laptops/computers that continue having the same issue so I can get some REAL satisfaction and a replacement laptop instead of dealing with repair after repair.

Thank you

Beverly Wood

Options

12021 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33130 Signins

1242275 Page Views

• Views: 1242275
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor Customer support and lack of understanding of computer LEMON LAWS

2017-12-20, 15:19 PM

Hi Beverly,

I'm assuming you requested your case be escalated to a complaint and need you to please post the case number or the service case number which was used to open that case.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

7 Posts

02-11-2017

United States of America

19 Signins

143 Page Views

• Views: 143
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-12-20, 21:41 PM

Andy...

Yes indeed I do have a "confirmation" number ... which is also the case # I believe...which is #405BP52.

A couple of days ago I spoke with a gentleman who is a part of the IBM/Lenovo Escalations Team and he is the one I haggled with and finally was told by hinm I needed to send the thinkpad in yet one more time so higher level techs can work  on it...which does not sit right with me but I agreed  becasuse I felt I had no other recourse. I felt it was an ultimatum of sorts....as if he was basically saying..."Do what I say or just live with the defect." Not a good way to handle customers as disinfranchized and frustrated  I am Andy, just not a good way to handle this at all.

I even videoed the problem so I would have proof of what was occuring.

I told him I had a video of my thinkpad going thru the the audio problem I have been having, He asked me to email it to him, which I did. , It shows how it generates a loud electronic hum instead of the audio it should  and how the volume controls are  'frozen'  (the volume controls freeze and will not work at all while the  loud electronic hum is heard coming from the speakers.) Once a restart is done on the laptop, the volume issue dissapears and I never know when or why it will return. It is a very detailed video that shows them exactly what I have been frustrated wtih for almost a year now.

ALSO..this kind of treatment almost FORCES me to BUY the Lenovo extended warranty for my thinkpad so as to make sure it will hopefully get fixed in the furture. if it occurs yet again.  SOOOO not only do I get to keep my lemon laptop computer which I paid for outright fully expecing it to work correctly or at least get fixed via warranty properly the first time I send it in, but now I feel a need to dish out some more money to keep a warranty on it from Lenovo! Nice scam you all are running here my Lenovo friends!

I am now waiting on a box to arrive so I can ship this laptop back yet again, to different techs who will try to resolve the issue for the 5th time.

I think frustrating is too mild a word to use to describe how I am feeling about this whole matter at this point.

I feel strongly that I  should have been offered a viable alternative rather then sending my lemon laptop in for yet a 5th time to get fixed...and I will not know if it will actually be fixed!

I do not know of any company that I have dealt with who would not have given me my money back or at least offered a new replacemebnt product by the sedond time it needed repair for the same matter while under warrenty. 

This is totally unacceptable and a very very poor way to handle this particular situation.

Thanks for your concern Andy.

Options

13 Posts

11-16-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

16 Signins

185 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 185
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-12-23, 11:18 AM

I think Lenovo are to be avoided. Terrible business customer service.

They had my Thinkpad for 6 weeks couldnt fix it and it was returned with screws missing. Then an engineer visit. No fix. Now I get an email to send it in for another repair. In what galaxy are these people living? These are premium pricepoint machines with supposedly business warranties. This is new laptop time the machine is less than a year old and nobody has time for this. Ironically it must be costing them more by arguing about it. I had a 1 hour engineer visit and a new screen installed. That would have been more than the base cost to send out a new machine. Madness.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms