Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belisarius_nika
Not applicable
Views: 1,127
Message 31 of 31

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Periodically I have problems with my PowerDVD 10. I suspect it has something to do with Windows updates but that is just a guess. I am no computer expert but each time one hack or another seems to work. So far things that worked for me

1) If PowerDVD is complaining about digital rights etc, try unplugging and re-plugging your HDMI/DVI cable. Sometimes it is as silly as that.
2) If you are getting an error message which tells you that you need to update to be able to run a certain program, try downloading the latest version. I am not sure if it is the same version for everyone but the one I just used and is working is: PowerDVD_v6806_RiTA(Lenovo_NB)_Patch_DVD140730-01.exe
If you think you need another file, perhaps because by the time you read this there will be a newer version, try this:
i) reinstall the original version of PowerDVD using Lenovo Driver and Application installer.
ii) That version is sure to fail to work. Still when you try to play a disc with it, it will tell you that you need to update your PowerDVD. Decline that offer.
iii) Click on the blue "i" icon at the top riht corner of the PowerDVD window. You will see Upgrade Information, which will be trying to sell you newer versions of PowerDVD. Ignore that and click on the Patch tab. There you should see an update for your version. Download and install that. That should do it. If even after that you get an error, this time try installing the update that PowerDVD offers you at your first running.
3) Another hack I found to work is to download and install another Blu ray player: AnyDVD. That is not free, but it comes with a free trial period. You do not need to buy it at the end of the trial period either, just keep it installed. I am guessing that it shares some files with PowerDVD and just having it installed brings those files up to date and as a result even if you can't use AnyDVD after the trial period, PowerDVD works.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors