Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roy
Token Ring
Views: 806
Message 11 of 20

Re: Question about extending warranty...

got a response from J&R (tell me what do you think about it):

________________________________________________________________________________________

We currently have this Lenovo laptop in stock for immediate delivery, and the 3 year from date of purchase warranty sells for only $124.  You would also need to purchase the warranty package that makes all 3 years international for $44.

Please get back to me, XXXXX, at ext XXXX, if I can assist you with placing your order, and thank you for contacting us at J&R!

If you have any questions or would like to place a phone order, please ask for XXXXX at ext. XXXX, and I will be glad to assist you in placing the order. If you prefer to order online, kindly enter salesperson # XX in the space provided in Stage 1 of the online form. Thank you very much for writing us at J&R, and I hope to hear from you soon! If placing an order with me over the phone for this item within the next 5 days, I'll be pleased to give you free Ground UPS shipping! Please note this offer is only available to street (non-post office box) addresses in the continental United States.
Free shipping excludes large freight items.

If you have seen a better price, call me. We can work out an arrangement certain to please you!

To reach me directly, call 1(800)806-1115 press 1 and then my extension at XXXX. I'm available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern Time.

Sincerely,
XXXXX
J&R Mail Order Sales
1-800-806-1115 ext XXXX

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I think I will pass that, because it's "Repair Master" warranty and not Lenovo.

http://www.jr.com/repair-master/pe/WAR_ARMLAP31000/#productTabReviews

moderator note: personal information removed per community participation rules.

Views: 785
Message 12 of 20

The response of LENOVO:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Roy,

Thank you for contacting Lenovo, the makers of ThinkPad and ThinkCentre products.

As I understand you want to purchase a laptop with 3yr extended warranty however, you want to if the warranty covers in Israel.

I see that the type number of the machine covers in Israel. Please contact sales at 1866-428-4465 option 2 followed by option 1 for more information.

If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 866-42-THINK (84465) option number 2. We will be happy to assist at that time.

Once again, thank you for contacting Lenovo.

Sincerely,
Liticia

Lenovo Websales/CustServe
www.lenovo.com/us

______________________________________________________________________________________

I Haven't called them.

Views: 773
Message 13 of 20

well, both are decent options, i would get in touch with lenovo, let them know that you intend to purchase the machine and warranty from a reseller (because J&R sounds like a good deal, just confirm it's a manufacturer's warranty and not their own), and let lenovo know that you want to then xfer that warranty to Israel. If that makes any sense at all Smiley Tongue

Roy
Token Ring
Views: 766
Message 14 of 20

I think JR warranty is not lenovo's

Views: 753
Message 15 of 20

Roy,

Fletcher is doing a great job here, so I want to be careful and not muddy the waters further here, but thought I might weigh in on a few points.

The US sales team does have a chat function, but the automated rules of when to pop up the chat function on the web session depend on whether the web client is coming from a US IP address or not.  The idea is that we want to offer web chat to customers who are in the US and buying in the US.  Generally, we don't want to sell US products into other markets for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that some models sold in the US can't be serviced in some countries and we try not to "strand" customers with a system that can't be serviced.

We try to sell a system and upgraded warranty for that system in the same country.  If you buy a US system, you should buy the extended warranty through the US.   You can't take an system sold in Israel and buy a warranty extension in the US - I've run into that issue with another customer and know that the part numbers will not attach / entitle properly.

Before you buy a US system and an extended US warranty, with the expectation that you can get this honored in Israel, you should plug the 4 digit model type of that system into the International Warranty Site page and view the list of countries.  You would want to ensure Israel is listed.  (type 3249 is shown as supported in Israel)

The IWS program is intended to provide the opportunity for service for customers who are traveling to other countries.  It is really not intended to provide service for customers who buy in one country while living in another permanently.

When buying an extended warranty - the extended time component of that warranty is recognized through IWS, however upgraded terms is not.  For example, if you buy a US system and extend the warranty to 3 years, if you also upgraded to onsite coverage instead of depot repair, while you are the US, you would be entitled to onsite, but in other countries, service would be provided by depot or authorized provider.  So, you may want to select an offering that only upgrades the duration (time) and not the type (onsite) of service if you are going to be using the system primarily outside the US.

J & R may be offering a 3rd party warranty.  I am not aware of additional charges for a Lenovo warranty to make it international.  I would recommend you clarify what they are offering.

Best regards,

Mark

Roy
Token Ring
Views: 736
Message 16 of 20

thanks for the clarification

i am already aware of most of these things

currently i am redrawing from this effort,

because the buying is not necessary as for now.

thanks again for all the help.  

Views: 721
Message 17 of 20

no problem ^_^I hope that if you pick this project back up, it goes smoother. ^_^

Retired Partner
Views: 702
Message 18 of 20

If anyone can, please mark this thread as "solved" i don't seem to have authorization for that.

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 692
Message 19 of 20

Fletcher, Hi and welcome,

the OP, in this case Roy,  can mark the thread as solved, other contributers can't because it's sort of Roy's property.

Admin, Mods and Gurus can also mark threads as solved, but it is preferred to wait for the OP to do this. Marking a thread as solved earns them and the member who wrote the solution post points which contribute to their rank status.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

fleung
Fanfold Paper
Views: 533
Message 20 of 20

Hi,

I was reading this post and just wanted to get some clarification as to Mark's response to Roy's question regarding the Extended Warranty.

So if I was to purchase an Extended Warranty for a US laptop, the laptop would receive International Warranty Service for the full duration of the warranty?

I would be able to have the laptop serviced outside of the US as long as the other country's IWS supports the laptop model?

I am interested in purchasing an IdeaPad Y560 and wanted to make sure that I can have it serviced outside of the US beyond the Limited 1 Year warranty.

Thanks

Frank

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors