Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

69 Posts

02-11-2012

Slovenia

75 Signins

462 Page Views

• Views: 462
  • Message 1 of 1

(Rant post) Y560 dead after 2 years

2014-12-06, 19:37 PM

TL;DR

had problems with this model ever since I bought it, expected it to last longer than it did, since it was that expensive

Full post:

Good day forums!

I bought my Y560 laptop 2 years and 2 weeks ago and it has since completely died. I paid 1100€ for it at the time and had hoped it would last me about 4 to 5 years, but it wasn't long until problems began.

First my left screen hinge broke. I thought I was just unlucky, so I headed over to the forums and saw close to a hundred posts claming the same thing. Always the left hinge. "Cheap materials" they said. "It's cheap to fix" I've read. "Poor workmanship" was a phrase I saw more times than I'd like to.

Then just after a year, when my varranty expired of course, my GPU died. The official shop said it could only be fixed by replacing the motherboard entirely, which was offered to me for 450€, so obviously, I look for another solution. I got it replaced at some other shop and it all seemed to work fine for another year.

Just recently, my latop wouldn't display a picture anymore, the screen was black and I took it to the shop once again. After a month of trials and trying to identify the problem, it was pronounced clinically dead, as the motherboard has a faulty connection somewhere and is beyond fixing. The screen remains black, even tho the laptop does turn on.

I even took out the RAM modules and had hoped to hear the beep code when I turned it on, but there was nothing - a clear indication of a dead motherboard.

Is there anyone out there who had zero problems with his device? I for one know, that I will think twice before buying or recommending another Lenovo product to anyone.

Edit: forgot to mention all the dead pixels on the LCD as well....

Subject edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms