Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

01-04-2011

Venezuela

43 Signins

296 Page Views

• Views: 296
  • Message 1 of 13

Re: Complaint about Lenovo Customer Service

2014-01-20, 16:52 PM

Lenovo Customer Service is a FRAUD!!!!!!

I have a LENOVO IdeaPad 560Y that worked for only for three month (video get faulty until laptop finally went dark), afterward I have to send it to LENOVO customer service under its one year warranty.  It were months until I received back a supposedly repaired laptop just one month before the warranty expires, and guest what...the laptop only endure one month of work.

One year later I decided to send that laptop to a third party well reputed maintenance service (they did not charge your anything until they are sure they car repair the machine), and guess this....they said they could not repair a so badly repaired motherboard, it was burned down in a really faulty attempt to repair a soldering problem with the graphic chip (it was the problem from the beginning).

Of course, Customer Service asked me to extend my warranty for two more years when they had this laptop, something I did not agree (it was a bad enough experience with LENOVO already).  Now I guess they were screening me to check if they could send me the worse mobo available, the one that will only survive a few months, just enough to have it warranty expires.

If you think that buying a 1300 USD laptop for only using it 4 months (total) is a good deal, keep buying crap from Lenovo and trust the scammer from Customer Service a its Repair Shop.

Francisco Sevcik

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

Options

4 Posts

02-28-2014

Mumbai, India

5 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 2 of 13

2014-02-28, 5:09 AM

I would recommend no one to buy any Lenovo products, specially their hand held devices. There customer support sucks !!! I bought Lenovo K900 Mobile phone on August 2013. Seven days ago while charging it got so heated up that its body melted and the charging port came out in that melted state. This could've turned into a serious accident if I had left it on charging for a little long. I've reached out to the Lenovo Customer Care through mails and calls but they are absolutely irresponsible and haven't been of any help. In fact, they don't even revert to any mails. Posting this might help someone who's planning to buy their handheld devices. I didn't expected this phone to suck so hard considering the fact that its a pretty expensive phone, Market Price 33000/- Rs

1620572_747987655224015_1312501518_n.jpg1655887_747987735224007_1850665021_n.jpg

Moderator comment: Please don't post the same message(s) in multiple places. Duplicate(s) removed.

Options

1 Posts

02-28-2014

Romania

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 3 of 13

2014-02-28, 12:35 PM

I wouldn't recommend Lenovo to anyone.

You can see down here, how Lenovo handles 

warranty services with something simple like

a Bluetooth issue on a T410.

This is the service ticket history:

IBM Electronic Service Call - Service request detail - 0LZSYQPSWG

Current state of this request: Active

Request originated from Internet via ESC+
IBMid  ....@yahoo.co.uk
IBM problem number  82601SVGV8
Country placed  Romania
Customer service  02 1 405-8500 (Local number only)
+40 21-405-8500
Request type  Hardware repair activities
Service type  Repair/Fix hardware product
Request severity  1

Customer information
Customer/company name  Pxxxxx Axxxx 

Location where service is required
Telephone  +407xxxxxxxx
Alias 
Street  STR. xxxxxxxxx NR. xx
City  BUCURESTI
Postal code  xxxxx

Contact information
Prefered Language&nbspNational, English
Contact name  xxx xxxx 
Contact phone  +407xxxxxx
Contact email address  <xxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk>

Machine description
Machine type  2537
Model type  HP8
Serial number  R8Z3R5M
Product description 

Original comments/problem description
MY LENOVO T410 LAPTOP TYPE 2537-HP8 AND S/N R8-Z3R5M IN ACTIVE WARRANTY(EXPIRING 2014-04-10) IS HAVING ISSUES WITH THE THINKPAD BLUETOOTH MODULE (BDC 2.1). DEVICE IS FREQUENTLY AND RANDOMLY DISAPEARS/REAPEARS UN DEVICE MANAGER.
Error Code 

Customer reference
Customer problem number 
Contract/special bid number 

Status  CBK
Date/time received  2014.02.24 12:19
Time zone  GMT
Description  You have requested that IBM contact you regarding your service request. 
IBMid: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk
AN IBM SERV. REPRESENTATIVE CONTACTED ME AND I WENT TO THE SERVICE LOCATION ON 20FEB. I LEFT FROM THERE WITH BLUETOOTH PERMANENTLY DAMAGED.I'VE ASKED ON THE PHONE FOR AN ENGINEER TO COME AT MY SITE BUT NOBODY CONTACTED ME SINCE

Status  CAC
Date/time received  2014.02.18 13:31
Time zone  ROM
Description  Your service request has been assigned to an IBM service representative. 

Status  CAC
Date/time received  2014.02.18 13:31
Time zone   
Description  Your service request has been assigned to an IBM service representative. 
S/R TO BE RESOLVED BY SENDING AN ENGINEER TO SITE

Status  CCM
Date/time received  2014.02.18 12:48
Time zone  ROM
Description  IBM has been successful in contacting you about your service request. 
IBM has been successful in contacting you about your Service Request

Status  APD
Date/time received  2014.02.18 12:47
Time zone   
Description  IBM has accepted your service request for problem determination. 

Status  PRT
Date/time received  2014.02.18 12:44
Time zone  ROM
Description  Your service request has been entered into IBM's Call Management System. 

Parts provided may be new or serviceable used parts.

Options

3 Posts

03-01-2014

Malaysia

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 4 of 13

2014-03-01, 5:14 AM
mostly suck lenovo customer service at low yat ( malaysia)
all that stuff at there very arrogant to customer..
Options

5 Posts

01-12-2014

Pennsylvania

15 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 5 of 13

2014-03-05, 0:26 AM
I see that I'm not alone. In November of 2013, I ordered a Yoga Pro 2 directly from Lenovo in anticipation of using it at a scientific conference in which I was scheduled to brief. It took six weeks for delivery. I immediately had problems with it. I couldn't install most programs, the Task Manager wouldn't let me end certain processes, the Microsoft Store purchases failed in the middle of downloading, etc. I contacted Lenovo and they said that it was a software problem and that the warranty didn't cover software, but for $180 I could pay for software support for the year. I refused. After several OS re-installs, I consulted with Microsoft and found that the original image of the OS on the SSD was corrupt. I contacted Lenovo again thinking that all that I needed was a new image of the OS. No. I had to send it to Texas for repairs (I'm in Pennsylvania) but I was told that I'd get it back in about 8 days. Fine. I sent it for repairs. According to the status on the Web page, it took four days to first look at it, and then they were waiting for a part for the repair. I assumed that it was the SSD. Five days later (11 days after I sent the laptop) I called Lenovo to find out about the hold up. The part they were expecting was a motherboard and it was expected to arrive on March 14, 2014 (two weeks later on a Friday.) My conference starts the next week! I told them that I had not had a working laptop for almost 4 months since I bought it and now it was scheduled to arrive after I needed it. I told them that I wanted a new laptop, since once they repaired mine, not only would it be too late but I would have paid for a refurbished unit. I was told that that request had to be elevated to a higher level, but that I would get a call in one or two business days. Two business days later, no call. I again called Lenovo. They said that someone would call me in three more days. I told them that that was unacceptable. If I had purchased the unit from a local dealer like Best Buy I could have returned it for a new laptop. Instead, I got nothing for my money. How can I get Lenovo to pay for this? Dispute the charges on my credit card? Complain to the Attorney General of Texas? Never again!
Options

4 Posts

08-22-2012

United States

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 6 of 13

2014-03-05, 1:05 AM

Guys, I have gone throgh this pain of Lenovo's customer service, for almost a year. There are so many dissatisfied customers venting out here and other websites. The questions is does Lenovo care? What can be done to set them right?

Options

5 Posts

01-12-2014

Pennsylvania

15 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2014-03-17, 22:34 PM
Here's an update for those who are having problems. Customer service finally left me a brief message 6 days after I told Lenovo that I wanted an immediate refund or a new Yoga 2 Pro. After calling her 5 times, leaving 3 voicemails, 2 emails (her answering system provided her email address, otherwise I had no one to write to), disputing my credit card charge, and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the customer rep finally called 7 days after I was told that she would call, and told me that my laptop had been repaired and they were providing expedited shipping so that I would receive it within 2 days. The next day, an executive in customer relations called to talk about my complaint with the BBB. He knew nothing about my voicemails or emails, but he did know what I'd told the BBB. I told him the who sordid story and he apologized profusely, stating that it shouldn't take that long to fix a laptop. I told him that I might have been more understanding if someone had simply told me what was happening and answered my calls or emails instead of simply reading the same status update webpage (which told me nothing) that I was given. I told him that I would check out the laptop when I received it, and if everything was OK, I'd tell the BBB that the issue was resolved and I'd cancel the dispute. He gave me his phone number and email address. The laptop arrived a day later than promised. It seemed OK at first, but in the middle of installing Firefox, everything froze. No response from the trackpad or keyboard. I shut the laptop down with the power button and rebooted. Windows came up with the message Automatically Attempting Repairs. Uh oh! It finally came back after 5 minutes with the message that repairs could not be made, continue or shutdown. So I shut it down and performed a system recovery with the Novo button. When that was done and I started installing Comodo firewall, it froze again. I shut it down again, but this time when I powered it back up, the screen was blank. I tried the Novo button again, but the screen remained blank. I now had a 3 lb doorstop. I wrote to the executive again. He said that I could return the laptop, that he would send a return label for FedEx, and they would send me a check for what I paid. Halleluyah! But wait, there's more! I desperately needed a laptop for my conference the next week, so I went to Best Buy and bought the same laptop with the same configuration. I got it home, tried it, and (wait for it.........) the screen went dead within two hours. Same problem! I returned it immediately to Best Buy (who confirmed the problem) and bought a Yoga 11s. The shocking thing is that it works perfectly. It's slower, less powerful and has worse resolution, but it works! It's also 2/3 the price. I miss the power and better screen, but not the doorstop. Here's hoping that everyone learns from my experience.
Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 8 of 13

2014-03-18, 1:39 AM
Do you think you were a victim of the Comodo conflict bug? There are a couple of threads about it here and the symptoms sound like what you experienced.
Options

5 Posts

01-12-2014

Pennsylvania

15 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2014-03-18, 1:55 AM
It's possible that some of the problems that I had were due to Comodo. Checking with Microsoft showed that my version of Comodo was compatible with Windows 8.1. However, at one point Comodo did pop up with a warning that something was trying to access the Web and wanted to know if I would allow it. It was shortly after that when things froze. However, I can't imagine any piece of software that could completely knock out the screen even when trying to access the UEFI BIOS or System Recovery through the Novo button. Also, in the first, pre-repaired Yoga 2 Pro, I never tried to install Comodo, so that doesn't explain my inability to install software in anything but Safe Mode and not being able to end certain non-responsive processes with the Task Manager. Lenovo must have agreed since they replaced both the motherboard and the SSD.
Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 10 of 13

2014-03-18, 3:15 AM

wrote:
However, I can't imagine any piece of software that could completely knock out the screen even when trying to access the UEFI BIOS or System Recovery through the Novo button.

Hard to imagine, I agree. Yet that is what others have reported.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms