Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

124 Posts

05-24-2017

Canada

826 Signins

3589 Page Views

• Views: 3589
  • Message 1 of 2

Received damaged refurbished part, with burn mark & burnt cable.

2019-03-05, 15:33 PM

After 4 weeks of not having a machine and one motherboard that died I received another replacement board (refurbished, and poorly) with a burn mark and a burnt cable connector. The case manager, despite being informed of the boards condition, is insisting it being installed.

The chassis for this machine is conductive  and the battery is lithium-ion, which is highly flammable and explosive. I carry this machine on my person in my messenger bag, work with it on my lap and carry it on to aircraft. I am not confident of it’s safety. What’s shocking is that if this went to Lenovo service center I would never have known the condition of the motherboard.

I’m tired of all this garbage and I want it sorted out today. If this means a more intelligent case manager be assigned, so be it. Please resolve this today, now, please - call or email me.

Case # 03925092

Options

11596 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33044 Signins

1235425 Page Views

• Views: 1235425
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Received damaged refurbished part, with burn mark & burnt cable.

2019-03-05, 19:34 PM

wrote:

After 4 weeks of not having a machine and one motherboard that died I received another replacement board (refurbished, and poorly) with a burn mark and a burnt cable connector. The case manager, despite being informed of the boards condition, is insisting it being installed.

Case # 03925092

Sorry that that happened, I can assure you that a part which should never have got through quality control did get into the distribution system is being looked at.

Having looked at the case notes I can see that both you and the onsite technician were of the opinion that the part should not be used and your case manager was informed, their response, which they informed you of, was to "request Technical Support order a new part as quickly as possible". If you should have another communication please pass it on to me by private message.

A new service order was opened for you, the order number is 7009207880

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms