Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

08-20-2012

United States

14 Signins

214 Page Views

• Views: 214
  • Message 1 of 16

Regretting Repair Already

2013-01-10, 13:30 PM
So there were issues with my X230T. Some rather annoying issues and some more minor issues, but nothing that really kept the laptop from booting up. Now I'm regretting sending it in. 

Two weeks ago, on the day of Christmas, I requested my laptop to be repaired. The box comes in the following Thursday. I spend until Monday trying to back up everything and prepare to live without my laptop for 1-5 business days as I was told. After all, I ordered a premium service warranty on a premium lenovo product, a Thinkpad, known as the "ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE AND HANDLING NEXT BUSINESS DAY ON-SITE WARRANTY" which costed hundreds more in addition to the already substantial Thinkpad fee. So I should definitely expect it to be back within 1-5 business days or given service within the "next business day." I was wrong. 

I sent it off on Monday of last week and it got there Thursday (with Next Day Air by UPS!). No repair status has been inputted up to this day. I called Lenovo/IBM EasyServ Support and the lady tells me that they ordered a part that can take anywhere from 1 week up to 1 month to be delivered before service can take place. 1-5 business days totally got thrown off a cliff. 

Listen. I have been behind on my work because of this already. I've had to resort to using other desktops in my family just to try to get my work done and have no alternative when mobile. This is absolutely unacceptable. My work revolved around my X230T. Now it's being delayed, with a whole much more delays to come apparently. After doing my due diligence online, I've figured out that atrocious delays are a normal part of Lenovo's repair procedure. My laptop is sitting in Memphis, indefinitely, while I'm sitting with nothing hundreds of miles away. I've figured out, to my horror, that Lenovo offers no apparent "loaner program" to compensate for the indefinite loss. Forget their ability to have basic parts available on their repair site; they have no known way to even leverage with their customers for their logistical issues. 

Even if I wait another week, I think I'm going to go crazy. I'm getting behind in all of my work and it's already making me angry. I know I'm just going to get even more angry waiting. I don't know what to do. The 1-5 business time frame last week was the only good time to repair it before the warranty expires while not significantly affecting me. Now it's really affecting me and it's going to be affecting me even more as each day passes. So much for a premium warranty and a premium laptop. 

Is there any way to reverse a repair order? Also, is there any way to return a Lenovo and get a refund in this situation? Forget the problems, they were livable with. I can't deal with this kind of service with a premium warranty and a premium laptop though, and I won't tolerate having a broken laptop while having purchased an  "ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE AND HANDLING NEXT BUSINESS DAY ON-SITE WARRANTY." That's just spitting in the face of their customers. This is painful to have to write in a nostalgic memory of the hope I had in Lenovo. 

Such innovative products, yet such disappointing service. Unfortunately, the latter is a deal-breaker. 

Options

648 Posts

07-20-2009

United States of America

6226 Signins

23932 Page Views

• Views: 23932
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: Regretting Repair Already

2013-01-10, 17:52 PM

That does sound unacceptable. The odd thing is that with an 'on-site' warranty they should come out to you, not have you send in the device. The only exception seems to be when the casing needs to be replaced. Maybe ask if they can next-day return it to you in its current state, and then service it on-site when the part comes in.

Options

9 Posts

08-20-2012

United States

14 Signins

214 Page Views

• Message 3 of 16

2013-01-10, 18:57 PM
I'm limping on an old, broken, out-of-warranty G570 at home with a broken display (using an external desktop monitor via VGA; can't bring it anywhere). There was a reason I bought a laptop and an X230T.

I had called and apparently there is no option for 'at home.' Despicable. I don't know who to talk to.

This is pretty frustrating.
Options

8 Posts

08-03-2012

Oly WA

11 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 4 of 16

2013-01-10, 21:41 PM

I too am wondering how I can return my laptop (purchased last Aug.) because of failure to provide the next business day onsite repair service I purchased with my laptop.

I would love a full refund so I can take my business somewhere else!

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 5 of 16

2013-01-10, 23:38 PM

WhatisLenovo,

Wow - really sorry that you have been let down on this experience.   Would you send me a private message with your model / serial of the you X230T and the service case number?   Let's see if we can expedite the part and get this resolved.

As I understand it, ADP claims have typically required the unit to be sent in, even if there was an onsite warranty because on average, ADP incidents may require multiple parts to repair the damage and the full extend may not be known in advance so the tech won't have all the parts and could make multiple trips.  I believe we are looking at changing this policy.

OlyMonolith115,

Sorry to hear that you experienced a delay in a prior repair incident as well.  NBD is the promised response time, and we do our best to be able to send the tech out, co-ordinating with customer schedule and with potential delays if the part is backordered.  

Best regards,

Mark

Options

9 Posts

08-20-2012

United States

14 Signins

214 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2013-01-11, 1:29 AM

Mark, thank you for trying to help. 

I just PM'd you my Model, Serial, and Case Numbers. 

If this is not resolved quickly, I might need the information on a return/exchange. I can't afford any more delays. If I ordered an X230T, I'd get it five times as fast as trying to repair it. 

Is there anyway you can send the laptop back after you diagnosed the problems at the shop and ordered the parts (and confirmed it's within the ADP terms)? What's wrong with that; why can't that be done? That would save me so much trouble. Then when the depot receives the parts, you guys can come on-site? 

I hope there's a reasonable explanation supporting why that can't be done, if not. 

Options

9 Posts

08-20-2012

United States

14 Signins

214 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2013-01-12, 16:52 PM

Still waiting for a reply...

No status updates received from an employee or on the EasyServ website. 

Options

213 Posts

06-21-2012

United States of America

252 Signins

3318 Page Views

• Views: 3318
  • Message 8 of 16

2013-01-14, 23:03 PM

Maybe you should just return your X230t while you can.

The X230t seems to be a problem prone device. You could have bought a Fujitsu Lifebook T902 instead of putting up with the X230t.

Options

9 Posts

08-20-2012

United States

14 Signins

214 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

2013-01-15, 0:43 AM

Alright. 

I'm done. 

I've had enough of this nonsense. 

I've gotten so behind and delayed in my work because of Lenovo. No one has responded or given me any status updates and the person who was "assigned to my case and was going to contact me today" never did. Now I want and demand a refund. My only other option is to have them reverse the repair and send me the laptop. Too bad I and anyone with half a brain would and will not accept a damaged/faulty laptop after purchasing an "ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE AND HANDLING NEXT BUSINESS DAY ON-SITE" premium warranty and after purchasing a premium Thinkpad laptop.

I'm giving Lenovo until THIS Friday to work this out and get the refund finalized and successfuly completed. I'll send in my other parts that I didn't send with it if necessary along with the original boxes and packaging. If they don't figure this process out and complete it by then, things are going to get about a hundred times more serious. I'm very angry with Lenovo. 

Options

9 Posts

08-20-2012

United States

14 Signins

214 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2013-01-24, 2:00 AM

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms