Denmark

25 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1 of 5

Return window

2021-02-23, 9:57 AM

Hi,

I have been in close contact with multiple Lenovo representatives via email and voice calls for the past 2 months.

Now I am frustrated, because a laptop (Legion 7i) has been repaired, and I have yet to receive it back (since 17th of December.) Because of this, I had already purchased a new computer, since I needed a it for my January exams.

Therefore, already in the beginning of January I explicitly stated, that I would return the device for a refund to my retailer once it's sent back to me. Unfortunately, the return window closes today.

I can see that the laptop is finally on the way to me, but has been shipped with standard shipping, which uses ground roads. I made Lenovo aware multiple times, that the return window for the device is soon to expire, yet they failed to fulfill my request and send the package via air (next day delivery.) Instead, choosing the cheapest option (~20€ difference.)

I feel let down yet again by Lenovo, for failing to provide appropriate service in an extreme circumstance. When a customer has been waiting for the device for more than 2 months, when it shouldn't have been sent in for repairs in the first place! That's why I purchased premium care- next day repair at my home address!!!

Now, of course, due to the failure of choosing an appropriate shipping method, the package is stuck in a warehouse for who knows how long, and today is the last day of my return window.

I have talked with costco.co.uk (retailer whom I purchased the device from) multiple times via chat and voice calls, and they have also contacted Lenovo, but since the 90 day return window is about to expire, there are no guarantees I will get my money refunded!!!

Costco has a contract in place with Lenovo. In situations like this, when a customer does not want to keep the product anymore, but the product is not in their possession- shouldn't the case be escalated between Lenovo and costco? Why am I required to go through so much hassle? Do you not care about customer satisfaction at all?

And what's even better, a Lenovo representative told me the best they can do is provide me with an extra 3 month warranty, after they had been told I don't want the device anymore, because I have purchased a new laptop already!!!

Regards,

Marcis.

Options

10160 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32771 Signins

1216645 Page Views

• Views: 1216645
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Return window

2021-02-23, 12:31 PM

Hello and welcome to Community,

I'm sorry to read that you haven't had the type of experience that would normally be expected. To help look into your situation I'd appreciate your help with the following; the system was purchased in the UK, was that via web-shop with delivery to Denmark or were you in the UK at the time, I need to ensure I contact the correct team and your answer would provide clarity for me. Also, it would help if you could post one of your case numbers, that will enable me to find the service history and time-line.

Thanks

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

11 Posts

12-01-2020

Denmark

25 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-02-23, 17:52 PM

Hi,

The device was initially purchased by my sister and shipped to her address in UK (next day delivery). After that, she shipped the laptop to the country of my residence- Denmark, as a Christmas present, which was promptly sent out by UPS express via air shipping. However, we found out there were some issues, and since the laptop would be used in Denmark for my exams, I decided to purchase Lenovo Premium care, to make sure it can be repaired as quickly as possible.

During the time period, while Lenovo has had my device, I have been contacting their Danish team multiple times, explaining that it's taken too long, I've changed my mind and would want to return the laptop, once it's fixed. Also, I explained that there is a return window, which should preferably not be missed.

Right now the laptop is on the way to the UK address, so as soon as it's received, my sister would schedule a collection by costco.co.uk and they would proceed from thereon. However, the 90-day return policy has been missed (today is the last day.) So it all would come down to how the management/concierge at Costco would view this case, and what type of reimbursement, if any, would be issued. Unless, there is something else Lenovo can come up with.

I believe I had no control over the situation, since the last time I had a physical contact with the laptop was on 21st of December, which is ~61 days before the return window would close.

The current case # is 2001503569

Regards,
Marcis.

Options

10160 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32771 Signins

1216645 Page Views

• Views: 1216645
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-02-24, 10:09 AM

Hello,

Costco clearly have a very generous returns policy for their customers which will is good to know. Should they decide not to accept the return, not something I am able to influence, you would need to open a support case with Lenovo and request escalation via UK support as the system was purchased there. Depending on the time line from purchase to original service case it might be possible to request an exception to the14 day UK return policy, request DOA, however under normal circumstances the options are replacement or repair with the former no longer being an option if the latter is chosen.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

11 Posts

12-01-2020

Denmark

25 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-02-24, 11:02 AM

Hi,

For the return to be authorized I would have to escalate the case to Costco Concierge, which has already been done.

The current estimated delivery date for the laptop is tomorrow, and when the delivery is successful, I would then seek approval from Costco Concierge to schedule a pick-up for returning the device.

Since I had no influence over how long will my laptop be in Lenovo's possession, I believe it would be nice if Lenovo could try and influence Costco Concierge to reimburse me as a client, in case a return is denied.

I don't believe I should suffer a loss in excess of 1500euros during COVID times, due to negligence and communication issues within Lenovo.

I'm really trying to remain calm, patient and trustful to Lenovo, but due to how the case has been handled so far, it is increasingly hard to do so.

Regards,
Marcis.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms