09-19-2014

United States

49 Signins

428 Page Views

• Views: 428
  • Message 1 of 3

Roller coaster ride with X1 Carbon

2014-10-04, 5:41 AM
Well there has been a roller coaster raid for me with my new X1 Carbon; I had ordered a custom X1 on 8/13; on 9/9 i received the original order. Since it was defective I had sent it back for a replacement. Now, today 10/3 I received the replacement device. Now, I have a different situation. The replacement laptop has a problem with the lid; it does not close fully; if I carry the laptop, the lid remains open and does not close fully; So based on Customer Service request I had raised a Technical Support ticket A****2J; 

Then I spoke to the CS supervisor; she helped me in getting this replacement laptop replaced again. So far, I just have the RMA number 42*****749 for my replacement order 42*****550; I don't have the new replacement order number yet. Also, am not sure how long I should wait for this replacement as it take almost 5 weeks to ship from China; I really don't want a refund; but just a good laptop as I have been a lenovo customer for about 10 years now and would like to continue to be so. I am in desperate need of a laptop as my T520 is almost giving up on me and I have to use Thinkpad product for my corporate use. I still have great expectations on 2014 X1 Carbon Touch version because of the performance;  just that my electronic fate been following the Murphy's law.

I really appreciate if you can help me get a good replacement device and if you can make it timely I will be really happy. I hardly had 2-3 days hands-on on the devices that I have received so far. Also, I have paid $$1700+ (hard earned money) which was already billed and I have paid my credit card for the same and am yet to get a laptop. This replacement will again take another 4-6 weeks and according to the customer service they don't have any pre-configured system that matches my requirement (2014 X1 Carbon touch, i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1 64) for any immediate shipment. 

Hope you understand my frustration and desperation.

Regards,

J

Options

11378 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39794 Signins

416674 Page Views

• Views: 416674
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Roller coaster ride with X1 Carbon

2014-10-05, 16:40 PM
I would be frustrated (or worse) also. It doesn't sound like a "happy story", but this is a peer-to-peer forum. While there is some Lenovo participation, this is not the best place for this kind of request.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

38 Posts

04-23-2014

North Carolina - Lenovo HQ

280 Signins

2572 Page Views

• Views: 2572
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Roller coaster ride with X1 Carbon

2014-10-06, 14:05 PM

Hi justrite2me,

Thank you for reaching out to Lenovo via our Forum Community.  We have responded to your request via PM.  Please check your messages when you have time and thank you for your patience.

All the best,

Josh Mason

Lenovo Social Media Customer Service

Want to know how to send a PM?  Please go here.

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete