Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-20-2014

United States

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 5

Sent My Yoga in for Repairs...I'm Never Getting it Back?

2014-05-20, 5:14 AM

I sent my Yoga on the 13th of May to Lenovo for repairs, I cracked the screen.

First you guys toss it off to the side and claim that I was trying to get repairs without a warranty and would have to pay for it. I call and that gets cleared up.

Now I get a text message at 11 at night about how supposedly the parts are no longer available, with no timeframe of when I'll get my computer back, just "check periodically for updates".

What kind of business are you people running? What, do you hope that I'll buy another new computer from you? I'm a broke college student, I don't have the money. That was my computer I use for my classes and everything, I did all my work on it.  I went ahead and paid the extra money for the additional warranty precisely because I was trying to prevent something like this from happening. My computer is currently under TWO, active warranties. 

I ought to report you to the BBB.

I wish I could go back in time, I'd have just gotten an Apple laptop. Seriously.

Options

12313 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40497 Signins

427319 Page Views

• Views: 427319
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Sent My Yoga in for Repairs...I'm Never Getting it Back?

2014-05-20, 21:23 PM
This is primarily a peer-to-peer forum, so this may not be the best place to vent.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

4 Posts

05-20-2014

United States

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2014-05-27, 12:05 PM

It's not a "vent".

Call it what it is - an outright warning to anyone else considering buying your product, and a COMPLAINT.

I want to see how you feel when you blow 800 bucks on a computer YOU need for college, and then when you send it in for common repairs, you find out it's totally up in the air whether or not you'll even see it again or get it replaced. Expecting to actually get your product back that you paid for, that is still under the factory warranty AND an additional one you paid for, in a timely manner, is not just "venting".

And if you keep talking I'll report your company to BBB regardless, and you'll be in the unemployment line like you deserve to be for your lack of concern and respect for the customer base that is, essentially, funding YOUR salary.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 4 of 5

2014-05-27, 15:17 PM

I think you are yelling at a volunteer community moderator who does not work for Lenovo.

Options

4 Posts

05-20-2014

United States

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2014-05-27, 16:21 PM

I don't care WHAT you think. When you defend a company that treats its customers like this, you deserve whatever verbal lashing you get - whether you're on the payroll or not. This goes for you too, and I want to see you come in here to play bodyguard and advocate when YOUR Lenovo computer falls apart and they look at YOU with the "Tough Luck Shrug". This isn't a game. If people are going to pay money for a product, it should be a QUALITY product, and when something goes wrong it should be quickly repaired and/or replaced, especially if the consumer is under TWO active warranties!

Stop defending crappy business practices. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms