Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-19-2016

United States of America

8 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 3

Sent in for repair

2016-10-19, 1:46 AM

I recently sent in my Lenovo Y50-70 for repair and completely forgot to write down the serial number of the product. Every time I try to check the repair status of it, I am unable to do it with my email address and now I am slightly worried that I won't be able to call without them asking me for the serial number when I obviously don't have it. I am also moving out of my college which is where I put the address for them to send the laptop to once it is repaired. What should I do?

Options

12017 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33129 Signins

1242195 Page Views

• Views: 1242195
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Sent in for repair

2016-10-19, 11:04 AM

Hello Horogrameu, welcome to the Community,

If you still have the original box or invoice you should be able to find the serial number on those, alternatively you will have been issued a case number which you could use to identify your case.  If you were sent shipping labels, in order to send the system in, and still have a copy or receipt with the shipping number on it perhaps these have the case number on them or will help an agent identify your system for you.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

3 Posts

10-19-2016

United States of America

8 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Sent in for repair

2016-10-19, 11:36 AM

Thank you very much! It is just every time I try to call, I am put on hold for a long time and have even waited for 12 minutes so I thought I wasn't going to be able to get the address directed to my house since I am moving out of school.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms