11-10-2019

MY

15 Signins

391 Page Views

• Views: 391
  • Message 1 of 2

Service Centres are a scam

2019-11-10, 15:00 PM

This is basically a rant here, because it's been two months since my Legion Y520 was sent because my W key broke. And no amount of callbacks and support service can help me get my laptop back in time to finish my work. Lesson learned I guess.

So I sent my laptop to this nearby factory place that's opened for only about a year, and I hear good things about it. They told me the keyboard circuit has broke so the whole lower part of the laptop has to be replaced. I wasn't given a service order number.

I still have one year left of warranty and it wasn't covered according to you guys, so I had to shell out hundreds of $$$.

Funny enough, one guy in my college with the exact same W key problem with the exact same laptop replaced in one week, he didn't sent his laptop anywhere, he called and the tech guy literally came with a new part and fixed his laptop on the spot, FREE OF CHARGE. Meanwhile, the service centre waited for spare parts for three weeks and never bothered calling me back because they ran out and had to order a new one. And told me to gork out extra money for the labor costs.

Cue weeks of emailing and calling and given vague answers,  alternating between "delivery delay" and "ok Iemme ask my engineer, I'll inform you later", no, they didn't inform me crap, I had to do the calls.

So here I am, rushing with assignment deadlines on public library PCs.

Moral of the story? I regret buying an Ideapad for my brother recently.

Idgad if your Thinkpads are the best in the world, your support is garbo, and I, and anyone facing this issue deserves a refund or a replacement. I'm not spending a single dime on Lenovo again.

Options

10773 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6901 Signins

735289 Page Views

• Views: 735289
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Service Centres are a scam

2019-11-11, 14:29 PM

Hi RamonLeeYJ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I regret to read your experience on the experience.

If there's anything we can assist you, then you can reply with the private message I have sent to you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete