cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dekunzan
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 1 of 3

Service center returns laptop with a hole inside, refuses to help. Can't use my warranty now.

Hello,

I have a few questions.

1. Where is it actually possible to file a complaint to the main office of Lenovo? Does it exist at all?

AFTER ACCEPTING MY LAPTOP WITH A WARRANTY ON IT IN ORDER TO REPAIR, THE GERMAN SERVICE CENTER (MEDION) NOT ONLY FAILED TO REPAIR IT, BUT BROKE IT MORE AS IT WAS, SO THAT NO ANY OTHER SERVICE CENTER WANTS TO ACCEPT IT. I HAVE A WARRANTY BUT I CAN'T USE IT.

My hard drive was broken in September. The laptop was bought in Russia, but I am living in Austria. After calling to Lenovo service center in Austria, I was assured that they will repair the laptop (it is still on warranty). I have sent the laptop to them and waited one month. After the parcel came back and I opened it, I was shocked. Not only they didn't repair it, the laptop came back with a hole in it!!! Two parts of the laptop can't be put together because the inside parts aren't fixed. I have never seen something like that!

After I called them back, they explained me that they can't repair it in Austria because this is a Russian model and I need to bring the laptop in Russia for repair. They ignored my question why they failed to return the product in the same state, as I have sent them. Ok, good. I thought to bring the laptop to Russia. But the Russian service center told me that they can't accept laptop in such condition. On my question, what I shall do, they told me to take a letter from Lenovo in order to confim that they can take it for repairs.

The Austrian (or German) company who said they can repair the laptop, but in fact completely broke it even more, refused to send me any additonal confirmation except the document where it says in German that they couldn't repair it. As they said: "if our colleagues in Russia need a confirmation, they should call us themselves". But the Russian colleagues refuse to accept the laptop.

What shall I do now?

Situation is briefly like that: authorized service center in Germany tried to repair the laptop and said they can't, I should go to Russia. And Russian service centers can't accept the laptop, even it is on warranty, beause the German service center  didn't screw it together after they "tried" to repair it. I have a warranty, but German service center made the laptop in a condition, where another service center says they can't help me because of what was done to my laptop in the German service center. The German service center says they can't repair it.

Could it be possible??? I have a warranty, but I can't use it.

I tried to find a phone number where I can call for hours on the lenovo website, but these are all only regional numbers. Isn't there any way to file a complaint?!?!

I think I did a huge mistake when I chose a Lenovo product....

The wonderful service company, who took my laptop for repair and returned the laptop after one month with an extra hole in it is called Medion, the call center is probably located in Germany, I called the number +4319287666/ My customer number is **********

My order number is 2015211945024 / 704567060

Serial number of the laptop **********

Would appreciate any advice what I could do in this situation.

Thank you!

Mod comment: Serial/customer number removed for members protection.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 418
Message 2 of 3

Re: Service center returns laptop with a hole inside, refuses to help. Can't use my warranty now.

Hello dekunzan,

support have been attempting to contact you without success and will be sending you an email, please watch out for it and please don't empty your spam folder without double checking.

Regards

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

dekunzan
Paper Tape
Views: 357
Message 3 of 3

Re: Service center returns laptop with a hole inside, refuses to help. Can't use my warranty now.

The issue has been solved.

I have been contacted by Medion company. They requested to send them the laptop back, I did it and I got it back normally assembed. Now I can at least switch it on.

They have also prolonged my warranty for 3 months because of this delay.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors