Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,904
Message 11 of 20

Re: Strange Lenovo chat support

I have just tried buying it with paypal with no success. When I change shipping address from default to US address. It disconnects from paypal and show and error:

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.

You have changed the ship-to address for this order. This may result in changes to the shipping charges and sales tax."

it's very sad that i'm not able to use Blackfridays -20% coupon, i'll have to buy it from Amazon then.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,896
Message 12 of 20

try again later, maybe it works or just use amazon.com

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Retired Guru
Views: 1,889
Message 13 of 20

I don't think it will work because of the address change if you go to paypal and change the credit card address to the shipping add. it might work paypal does that to prevent fraud

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Former Administrator
Views: 1,881
Message 14 of 20

tuner,

So far as I know, chat was only available for folks in the US.   The sales team is located in the US, although some of the sales support (not tech support) is provided by a team in India.   Lenovo, like many global companies, employs a global workforce.

Why not call sales directly for help getting checked out if you want to use paypal?   Bill to / ship to addresses need to be in the US.

Best regards,

Mark

Reseth
Punch Card
Views: 1,761
Message 15 of 20

Re: Strange Lenovo chat support re PayPal

Hi, I just found this thread via google. I have very similar situation like tuner. Customer service response is not very satysfying because once thay said I van use only amex card and second time they said i can use paypal. So I am asking. Is it possible to pay via paypal with european visa and ship it to US? As I said I dont believe customer support anymore in this issue. If not, Is there any workaround for this issue?

Thanks for your response.

Guru
Views: 1,735
Message 16 of 20

@Reseth wrote:

So I am asking. Is it possible to pay via paypal with european visa and ship it to US? As I said I dont believe customer support anymore in this issue. If not, Is there any workaround for this issue?

Thanks for your response.

No, it's not possible and there isn't a workaround available.

You'll have to get someone in the U.S. with a locally issued credit card to get the machine for you.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
larango
Serial Port
Views: 1,693
Message 17 of 20

I faced the same problem:

Conclusion is:

PayPal: Only USA based paypal accounts are accepted.

International Credit Cards: American Express is the only one accepted. (ship to address must be in US, and be listed as an alternate address in your card profile).

NOTE: However Lenovo shopping system doesn't accept International AMEX cards. And when placing the order over the phone using and international Amex card, the purchase experience is a random event. Sometimes the sales agent accept it, some other they don't. And if they accept it, usually they will then reject the purchase. However at the very end the system accept the order using an international Amex card.

Another option that works very well is to make a wire transfer using the following info for the wire.

PNC Bank - Lenovo Lockbox 643068
500 First Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15219
Account#        1019279296
ABA#                043000096
Swift Code:        PNCCUS33

Additional information that should go in the wire transfer
        Account number: (YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER AT LENOVO)
        Quote number: (THE QUOTE NUMBER YOU HAVE)
        Order total: (THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF YOUR ORDER)
        Name: (YOUR NAME)

I have made two purchases last year.

First Purchase:

Placed over the phone using an Amex international card and using a US shipping address. They rejected it saying that they didn't accept the Amex card, so I sent a wire transfer. They accepted the wire, placed the order and when I received my purchase I was charged to my Amex card as well. I ended up being charged double.

Lenovo agents couldn't understand what happened, but they refunded the money via a check. I would have prefered that Lenovo would have reversed the transaciton on my credit card.

Second Purchase:

I did what ajkula66 suggested. I asked a friend in the US to buy it for me. It was easier.

My point of view: Lenovo is loosing quite some sales for not paying attention to international users trying to make purchases being delivered to the USA. Many of those users have too many options to either fly to the US to pick up their purchase or have it then delivered to their own countries.

Many don't want to buy in their own countries because: 1. limit availability of models and 2. they are overpriced.

Here the Lenovo page with paynment information as for Feb 2, 2011

Reseth
Punch Card
Views: 1,655
Message 18 of 20

I am posting to this thread againt, because I successfully ordered laptop with paypal. I have registered only European visa, At first Paypal bloceked transaction but i found out, that they have security system, which marked this big transaction as potential fraud. So I topped up my account( send money to paypal from my bank account) and It worked. I just had to add my american address to paypal addresses and select that one in order. So, maybe things changed, but trust me, it is possible to pay from european account, because my order is placed.

scyss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,457
Message 19 of 20

Hello,

@ Larango or Lenovo staff who can offer assistance,

I am trying to pay using a wire transfer as well but am not sure about 2 fields on the bank transfer request form. These are:

1) Beneficiary Name; and

2) Beneficiary Address

These would be different from the Bank Name and Bank Address but need to be filled out, otherwise I am told the transfer may be rejected due to insufficient or incorrect information and I would need to bear the rejection charges.

May I ask what you put down in these fields? Also, is "Lenovo Lockbox 643068" part of the bank name or should the bank name just be "PNC Bank"?

Thank you in advance for your help.

scyss

scyss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,431
Message 20 of 20

@scyss wrote:
I am trying to pay using a wire transfer as well but am not sure about 2 fields on the bank transfer request form. These are:

1) Beneficiary Name; and

2) Beneficiary Address

Solved - called the sales line.

Beneficiary name: Lenovo (United States) Inc.

Beneficiary Address: Lenovo Lockbox 643068

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors