Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

08-13-2015

USA

6 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 2

Terrible Lenovo Warranty Support Experience

2015-08-13, 19:33 PM

My Lenovo Y40-70 is a year old and has until recently been an excellent computer.  It is a fast, lightweight, durable machine that gets the job done for me as a graduate student.  In mid-July, I started to notice an issue with the battery where they status icon in the system tray would show 100% charge for a long period of time (without being plugged in) and then suddenly the computer would shut off.  After a few calls with Lenovo support, trying a soft and hard gauge reset, they recommended I send it in for repair.  Here's where the customer service starts to really take a nose-dive.

First, I have to buy my own shipping box and pack the computer myself.  Not a huge inconvenience, but I was definitely expecting Lenovo to send me their preferred shipping container to make sure nothing bad happened to my laptop in-transit.

Second, the computer was delivered on Friday 8/7 at 9AM.  As of Monday 8/10 at Noon, the website still shows that Lenovo is waiting for my computer to arrive.  Why in the world would it take 72 hours to process a delivery?  Please hire someone who knows something about operations to address your receiving process flow.  I call Lenovo again to ask where my computer is and am told that they will have a case manager get back to me.  No case manager gets back to me, but I do get an email a few hours later stating "Good news!! We have received your laptop!"

Third, I got an email a day or two later stating that a defective part has been identified but that unfortunately the replacement part is out of stock.  With only two North America service centers (Texas and Ontario), why is it hard to maintain an adequate spare parts inventory for a computer model that is only a year old?  Again, hire someone who knows something about operations and supply chain management PLEASE!!

Fourth, I got an update today, Thursday 8/13, that the replacement part will not be available until 9/7.  Are you kidding me?  Is someone going to walk to Grapevine, TX from China to hand-deliver the spare battery?  This computer model is ONE YEAR OLD.  How can you possibly have a month backlog on spare parts??

Unfortunately, my experience seems to be pretty common, as a simple google search for "Lenovo spare part shortage" returns a ton of results dating back at least 2 or 3 years.  My experience thus far with Lenovo is that they seem to make pretty good products, but if anything goes wrong and requires repair, their customer service experience is an absolute nightmare.  

Unless something miraculous happens soon, I think it is safe to say that this will be the first and only Lenovo product that I buy.

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 2

Need help getting support.

2016-07-15, 18:40 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms