Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mostwink
What's DOS?
Views: 204
Message 1 of 3

Terrible service

Whatever you do, do not EVER EVER EVER purchase a Lenovo computer. We purchased one a few months ago. Within a very short time the motherboard failed. No big deal, right? These things happen with computers. Imagine my surprise when I found that even though we had purchased the warranty, we had to pay $50 to ship it in for repair. 2 months (yes, TWO MONTHS) later the laptop was returned. I powered it on to set it back up and SURPRISE! it did not work. Called support, ran tests. Oops. They forgot to include the hard drive..... Graciously they indicated I do not have to pay another $50 to ship it back - they will ship me a box in 3 or 4 days and then they will let me know in a couple of weeks how long it will take to return the computer to me. If I had money I would turn this thing into a boat anchor and buy an HP, which is what I should have done to begin with....

LelouchV
WWAN
Views: 169
Message 2 of 3

Re: Terrible service

Mistakes happen, can't blame all of Lenovo for it. And paying shipping cost is a small price to pay compared to how much you'd have to to get it fixed yourself! Personally, I've never had to use that part of Lenovo's services, but when it comes to computers, Lenovo knows what they're doing.

mostwink
What's DOS?
Views: 130
Message 3 of 3

Re: Terrible service

Seriously? 2 months to get the service to begin with and then it's returned without the hard drive? Problem was with the motherboard, not the hard drive. I'm sure it will be another 2 months before it is resolved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors