03-24-2016

US

10 Signins

289 Page Views

• Views: 289
  • Message 1 of 5

The repair and return that never happened - y50

2016-07-31, 23:27 PM

So for the past couple of months I have been trying to get my laptop replaced due to a flickering screen problem. I contacted support and I sent in my laptop, knowing that it would be 3 weeks before I saw it again. I received no email saying they had gotten my laptop or when they were going to send it back. After no notification from Lenovo Repair I called and messaged Lenovo Support where, everyone who I talked to had no, and I mean zero, idea what was going on with my laptop and when they looked it up they still couldn't find any information. I call and message week two to ask about my laptop and the Lenovo Support rep seemed very shocked that I had no information on my laptop, she then personally found out that my laptop was still being "looked at", meaning it was sitting in the dust for 2 weeks waiting to be inspected, I then received a generic email from Lenovo Repair saying that everything would be okay and the laptop would be fixed. The only notification I got about my laptop being returned was when FedEx dropped it off after 21 days. That was it nothing, no contact, no information exchanged.                                                                                                            I was extremely excited to get my laptop back but when I went to use it and opened the screen it flickered until the screen when black. I am able to get the screen back on after putting my laptop to sleep but it is impossible to work with as it turns off every 5 minutes. I knew it was a wire problem or a screen problem, as I had the laptop inspected by my college Lenovo support (they could not repair my laptop as it was not a THINKPAD, and thinkpads are the only ones they are allowed to fix but they did but a report for me and checked out my laptop, but couldn't fix it), as I wrote it on the note that the repair men would look at, or I thought they would, to find out that they replaced the intel driver and sent it back. It was painfully obvious that they had sent it back knowing it was still broken as it is impossible to miss the massive pink and white lines flashing violently across the screen. Either they changed the driver and never looked at the screen or my note or they simply did not care and sent it back anyway. My laptop still flickers and it doesn't stop until the screen turns black, changing the driver did not help or change anything. Extremely upset I contacted Lenovo Support right away and they said that they would be putting me  with a manager and I should expect a call in 3 days. So I waited the three days for the call and nothing happened. I waited two more before calling to complain again only to find out that she had apparently "taken care of the problem" and they are going to replace my laptop. They gave me her contact information and they gave her mine and I asked for updated and again, unsurprisingly, I got no updates. I was never asked if I wanted a replacement or if the laptop that showed up two weeks later was acceptable, I guess that thought I wouldn't notice it was a completely different laptop. Don't get me wrong, the laptop was pretty, but the reason I bought the y50 and the version I did was because I needed a SSD, solid state drive, an i7 processor, and 16 g of RAM and as a programmer  I put my laptops though a lot, not even close enough to cause damage but I need fast processing. They sent me a touch screen laptop, of similar build, but with a hybrid drive. I sent an email to the on this case over a month ago and to this day I still have not received a replay back from my email, nothing, that is crazy.            I am okay with the replacement but they have not sent me a way to send me back my old laptop. I keep getting emails saying they were going to charge me for the new laptop. I contacted Lenovo Support right away and they made the emails stop and told me I would receive a box to return my laptop and a return label as well, that was two weeks ago. I have contacted support so many times over getting my laptop fixed that I have sworn to never buy a lenovo product again. To this day my laptop is still broken and no matter how many people I try to contact no one has been able to help me. I enjoyed the laptop that I had until it broke and I had to go though the hell of lenovo repair.                                           If anyone has any thing they can offer anything can be better then the support I have been getting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               And yes I have updated drivers and BIOS and used a different screen, I have tried everything in the book and it is a physical wire problem with the device.                  

Options

9184 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32614 Signins

1205950 Page Views

• Views: 1205950
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: The repair and return that never happened - y50

2016-08-02, 6:49 AM

Hello Marley1114,

sorry to have to read about your experience.  I was able to find your case using the email you registered in the forums with and can see that labels were sent on the 14. July.  Could you perhaps check you spam folder please? I'll also request parallel that the labels be sent again.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

10 Posts

03-24-2016

US

10 Signins

289 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2016-08-03, 4:11 AM
Hi Andy_Lenovo,
Thank you for the reply. I have the labels, but again no way to return the laptop. I was told that I would be getting a box in the mail that I could send the laptop and I have requested this twice. So far no one has been able to tell me anything different from what you told me.
I am extremely disappointed with Lenovo Support and although I do appreciate you willing to help it does not make up for the, lack of a better word, terrible support from Lenovo. If there is anyway you can help me further this I would be extremely grateful.
Marley1114
Options

9184 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32614 Signins

1205950 Page Views

• Views: 1205950
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-08-03, 4:55 AM

Hello Marley,

Thanks, I'll pass that on.  One idea I have is that you could use the box the replacement system arrived in; I don't see anyone objecting to that, just ensure you mask any bar codes with a thick marker pen or non-clear tape.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

10 Posts

03-24-2016

US

10 Signins

289 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2016-08-17, 19:09 PM
I dont have the box with me at the moment it is at my parents house so you can see why I would need a box sent to me but here I am still trying to contact someone to send me a box. I don't understand why no one is being held accountable for this to happen not only to me but to other people as well. There are multiple other post of people having a very similar experience and no one from Lenovo is trying remedy this in anyway to help the customer.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete