Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

12-12-2010

Germany

11 Signins

134 Page Views

• Views: 134
  • Message 1 of 15

The sad decrease in Lenovo Service Quality

2010-12-23, 12:39 PM

Hello everybody,

For years I have been using a Thinkpad and was very, very happy with this product. Now, after years of intensive usage my T-Series died and so I had to exchange it. After acquiring a T410 and after this device died after just THREE HOURS, I got in touch with the Lenovo-“Serivce-Department and tried to register my problem.

Although I had bought a warranty package for three year on site repair with 24 hours response time it took Lenovo now MORE THAN TWO WEEKS to get back in touch with me. While the service call center had been moved from Germany into Romania communication with the Lenovo-“Service”-Agent was a language nightmare already, but a TWO week reaction time for a problem of a brand new computer is just a JOKE!

I hope that some Lenovo representative reads this and starts thinking about what service quality is. Lenovo wants to sell expensive, high quality products and does not even manage to get a product serviced quickly. What a sad decrease compared to the past! 

In former times when a Thinkpad was still an IBM Thinkpad these problems did not exist. I guess that is also the reason why Lenovo-Service-Quality has been downgraded in a recent study in Germany to “mediocre”.

Maybe it is necessary to invest on more quality within the service department than just moving it some obscure Eastern-European location.

Thank you.

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23523 Signins

803305 Page Views

• Views: 803305
  • Message 2 of 15

Re: The sad decrease in Lenovo Service Quality

2010-12-23, 13:32 PM

Did it still take two weeks for them to respond to you after you sent Katarina the information she requested in her PM to you?

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T410-dies-after-THREE-HOURS-of-usage-Extremely-low-Lenovo/m-p/335409#M36159

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

11 Posts

12-12-2010

Germany

11 Signins

134 Page Views

• Message 3 of 15

2010-12-25, 17:23 PM

Hello again,

I had the error reported on December 6, 2010 - reply from Lenovo came on December 23. So reaction took 17 days in total. Yet, in the mean time, after waiting with no result I decided to RETURN the Thinkpad to the Lenovo dealer. 

Unfortunately I ceased being active here after sending back the Thinkpad and just got back to this forum after I got the unexpected call from Lenovo more than 10 days later...

Greetings.

Ips.

Options

11 Posts

12-12-2010

Germany

11 Signins

134 Page Views

• Message 4 of 15

2010-12-25, 20:50 PM

Further I would like to add a study of a European Institute for Service Quality published in November 2010 (!). Within this study the institute compared the service quality of all major computer brands (market for notebooks) based on a valid sample. The results for Lenovo here were more than devastating. 

The following ranking in European serivce quality was set up accordingly:

1. Samsung
2. Fujitsu
3. Sony
4. HP
5. Toshiba
6. Medion
7. Dell
8. Apple
9. Asus
10. Wortmann
11. MSI
12. Acer
13. Lenovo
14. Packard Bell

See official results at: http://www.disq.de/studien.php?november3-2010.php

There used to be a time (which I can remember) when Lenovo was leading in customer service satisfaction. Usually Lenovo was the undisputed No. 1 in support and service. At least that was the case when I purchased my last IBM Thinkpad. Yet, these days are gone - today being 13 of 14 in service quality will soon show its effects.

It surely gets necessary for Lenovo to recognize that products can only be sold at a premium price if they are associated with premium quality.

If this is not the case anymore Lenovo will inevitably loose the trust of its customers and thus will ulitmately loose customers and sales.

Thank you.

Options

2 Posts

12-27-2010

Germany

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 5 of 15

2010-12-27, 12:38 PM

hallo lenovo forum,

i think ipschips is right here. lenovo service has really gone down in its quality recently. at least in germany many thinkpad users particularly of newer models like t4xx; t5xx; x2xx are complaining about the quality of the service.

together with spareparts that are unavailable, long waiting time and serivce people that are having communication problems on the phone (maybe beause the phone lines are bad or maybe because the people speak little german) that forms no good cocktail for the future of lenovo in the market.

i think that lenovo needs to do something about the service here and it needs to be done qucikly. the notebook market is tough and other players like samsung, sony or dell have caught up or even passed lenovo already...

does lenovo really want this to be its future?

greetings.

ralf

Options

2 Posts

12-27-2010

Germany

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 6 of 15

2010-12-27, 12:51 PM

maybe the main part of the problem is mostly connected to a bad performance of the service hotline. a customer with computer problems does not want to have more problems with the service person that is supposed to solve the problem rather than creating new ones.

if talking to a real person everybody wants to talk to somebody who is able to understand, speaks native language and handles the matter in professional and friendly way.

greetings

ralf.

Options

1 Posts

12-30-2010

Germany

9 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 7 of 15

2011-01-01, 18:14 PM

Lenovo Service has gone down - admins please refer to this thread:

http://www.thinkpad-forum.de/thinkpad-hardware/t-serie/106126-t410-wird-drei-stunden-alt-lenovo-service-qualit%C3%A4t/

shame on you ! This is first class products with low budget service!!! THinkpadders are Neards or Professionals for both this service is inacceptable.

Moreover the quality of the products is poor as well (Hinges, displays, etc..) especially the Displayquality is as poor as it could be - NO other brand has such bad displays !

I hope Lenovo will change this - otherwise Lenovo will go down ! I would say that even if L´ would change it right now  a certain downfall could not be avoided. 

Good Luck Lenovo !

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 8 of 15

2011-01-01, 22:54 PM
@geemo4, when you say that the hinge is bad, which thinkpad model are you referring to?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

5 Posts

01-07-2011

Wustrow, Germany

24 Signins

184 Page Views

• Views: 184
  • Message 9 of 15

2011-01-17, 4:42 AM
Lenovo is not IBM.

The chinese manufacturers first copied IBMs Thinkpads, but now they have no own ideas - thats the problem. And they have no feeling for quality.

German Manufacturers gave up their factorys in china and came home the last years because the products became too bad.
Options

10 Posts

01-14-2011

USA

6 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 10 of 15

2011-01-18, 0:26 AM

""THinkpadders are Neards or Professionals"" ,  I could not agree with this statement more ! In a times of fancy laptops like the Sony and toshiba along with apple, we are still committed to ThinkPad.  Unfortunately Lenovo service is not what it should be.  Lenovo service should be aware that their users work for major consulting firms like Andersen, Mckinsey, Bain, Deloitte, CapGemini, KPMG, etc.  I was so shocked when I ask the rep to transfer me to their billing department to ask for my credit and they say they don't have that department.  Their response was what the website said is the correct amount and since the buyer hit "accept" it is our fault.  Even if their website is wrong ! I am still puzzle about this logic ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms