Options

27 Posts

03-25-2017

GB

50 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad L460 Customer Service Please Help !!!

2017-04-06, 12:34 PM

Hi there everyone. I have a little while to spare and it would appear I have nothing better to do than share my experiences with you of my "what was once" new ThinkPad L460 and would love to hear your thoughts and maybe just maybe someone at Lenovo will see this and say "this is not right, rectifiy the situation immediately" We'll see !!

Anyway I am just an ordinary consumer with a view to starting my own business and needed a brand new, good standard business laptop with great support. After speaking to various end users and business users I opted for an L460 and make contact with a Lenovo Partner here in the UK who were quite frankly fantastic to deal with and a credit to the industry.

So, after a few days of using my machine and a couple of little niggly issues I am notified that on video calls my voice is dropping out, I update all the drivers to no avail and then contact Lenovo/IBM support who agree it is a hardware issue and arrange an engineer visit for the next day.

This is where the real drama start and eveything I am posting did actually happen with no embelishment from myself.

Engineer call to notify that he would be with me in 20 minutes...great, we are off to a good start.

Engineer arrives, lovely guy and when he sees my ThinkPad informs me "I have never taken apart one of these in my life" to which I ask "why not" and he informs me that he has been moved over from being a systems engineer and this is his first job. Okay stupid me, that was my first warning, but I genuinely thought he was jesting about.

Anyway he produces a large, yes large flathead screwdriver and proceeds to as best as he could take the unit apart to no avail, we have bottom casing screws flying across the room and it turn out he has forgotten to remove the sim card tray. Over the next 90-120 minutes the unit is stripped apart, put back together with wires hanging out the casing and he is still trying to force close the casing, stripped apart, lcd screen out, keyboard out, all multiple times being put back together and being restripped.

So, sometime later he gets a telephone call...wait for it !! to notify him from a family member that there is a house in his street on fire and to ask if it is his, he quickly throws unit back together again, asks me to now check it over the next few days and takes off...suffice to say it is still not working and now the screen flashes intermittently.

So, after six days old we have went in the space of 90 short minutes a brand new, clean out the box ThinkPad to a Grade B, no C or D refurbshished unit.

So, I call Lenovo UK and after various emails, pictures being sent I get an email this morning to say:

Dear customer,

I am writing you in regards IBM call ref. 02S73FK about Lenovo THINKPAD L460,sn: REMOVED.

We were advised from our engineer XXXX XXXXX, who attend to site already, that it would be better to send more experienced laptop engineer to attend and switch the second part required for the repair.
Please advise us if tomorrow would be convenient for you to arrange the visit.

Looking forward for your reply!
Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Inna
IBM Scheduling

It is absolutely incredible an engineer would say that and on that basis and because of the damage caused (see pictures) I have asked for a brand new unit to be supplied and still no reply. Please if there is anyone out there from Lenovo who really even cares and can sort this out to my satisfaction please let me know.

To everyone else I look forward to your comments.

Sadly I am only able to post one picture which does not show all the screwdriver damage to the upper casing, lower casing, lcd bezel, keyboard etc.

scotty66

Admin note; full name of Lenovo employee associate edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines

Solved! See the solution
Options

9368 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32646 Signins

1208080 Page Views

• Views: 1208080
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad L460 Customer Service Please Help !!!

2017-04-06, 13:30 PM

Hello scotty66, welcome to the Community,

That certainly isn't the sort of result which you should be left with after a repair, have you reported this through the call centre? If not you should do so and if necessary request that this be escalated to a complaint.  If for some reason this doen't prove possible please let me know.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

27 Posts

03-25-2017

GB

50 Signins

445 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2017-04-06, 14:28 PM

Hi Andy, 

Yes it was reported more than 48 hours ago, first by a phone call where I was asked to send pictures and note everything that happened.

I was notified yesterday morning that it had been escalated, the escalation department then contacted me this morning with the reply I already posted above and I replied by email ( I can supply a copy of the email privately if requested) but basically saying that I would like the unit swapped out for a new one. I explained that I spoke to my reseller who is a Lenovo Partner who has been excellent to deal with and was horrified at what he saw in terms of the pictures to a unit only five days old.

He explained that he still has a few of these units in stock and if requested by Lenovo will happily swap out for a new one.

I think it is poor that I sent my repsonse at 10.00am this morning asking for a call to sort out once and for all and still no reply.

I really wish someone at Lenovo would sort this out and if you are able to help the case ref number is:

IBM call ref. 02S73FK about Lenovo THINKPAD L460,sn: XXXXXXX

Thanks for at least replying and if you can assist please let me know as it is a pretty poor show.

scotty66

Options

27 Posts

03-25-2017

GB

50 Signins

445 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-04-06, 15:13 PM

UPDATE:

Customer support tried to call me on the "wrong number". Anyway I have sent an email back asking to call back on the correct number and saying yet again that I want the unit replaced, not every part under the sun. Come on Lenovo it's really not hard but you are making it so.

Good afternoon,

This is in regards to the THINKPAD L460, sn: PXXXXXXX. I called you on XXXXXXXXXXX and also left a voicemail. I wanted to inform you of an on site visit on Monday, in regards to the replacement of the required parts, as per pictures provided. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by this case and hopefully the machine will look and function as new, after all the components are replaced.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for this issue.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Peter
Lenovo Technical Support
UK 03337773991, option 3
IRL 1890928860, option 3

Admin note; email address removed to prevent spam crawlers from gathering it.

Options

9368 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32646 Signins

1208080 Page Views

• Views: 1208080
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-04-06, 17:50 PM

Hi scotty666,

I've received and responded to your private message and have requested further information from you which should not be posted in public.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete