Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-11-2010

2 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Ienovo sale after services problems

2010-10-13, 23:37 PM

I bought a new SL410 on 2nd of October 2010. But on 4th of October 2010 I found that there was some defect on my machine when the DVD plastic/ rubber cushion inside DVD player was loosen. And a few key was unable to make the alphabet come out unless I press the button harder, such for button I, J, K then later on another button beside these button became faulty.

I went to IBM at DAMANSARA, Malaysia, and the costumer representatives attend me and call the supplier by phone. The supplier then told me to come to their showroom and promise to change for a new one since I only use my machine within a week.  But when I send-in my machine the next day, they made me angry when the said the didn't have a stock (a day before they said they will give me a new one!). Today was my 7th days waiting for their phone call to give me a new machine (my machine was with them, but untill today they did not give me a phone call to inform the status!). Seriously this incident made my respect towards IBM to zero. Sorry to say. Because it is not my fault, it was their fault.

Here is the chronology:

1st October 2010 I went to the showroom and they promote me to SL410 (with OS). The things is I want SL510 (without OS), the asked me to pay a deposits because they said they only have 4 machines while stock last. Then I gave them the deposits to ensure me got what I desired with.

2nd October 2010 I went again to collect my machines. But they made me upsets because I was told that the only machines they have is SL410. An another thing made me upsets was, they opened up the box already without me seeing what they do to my becoming machine, and I need to pay extra money to buy the OS!. (After all I did not know that if I was not there and the seal was tampered, I can received my money back, or ask them for another machine). The only thing I do was upgrade my machines and go home. That was my fault because trust them too much!

4th October 2010 I started to use my machines. I need to push I, J, K and L button harder before the alphabet come out on the screen. Then I tried to use the DVD. I found that the plastic/rubber was loosen.  I tried to figure it out trough the internet that I found that I cannot register my machine's warranty trough the IBM Ienovo website.

7th October 2010 I went to IBM and asked them to check my machine. And they confirmed that my machines had several defect and some more they told me my warranty will expires within 2 months! How that can be happened I just bought my machines for 6th days!

8th October 2010 I went back to showroom as I said earlier.

MY questions:: Is that true, the dealers said no need to register my machines online trough IBM website? Whenever the problems occur just bring my receipt to the showroom back?. If that is the case what will happen if I travel abroad! Is that your supplier lying to me? If yes what suppose I do? When will I get a new machines? My machine was with them, I cannot completed any tasks without my machines!

Teacher @ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Options

3 Posts

10-11-2010

2 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Ienovo sale after services problems

2010-10-13, 23:59 PM

Somebody here (in this forum) had their machines after posting their problems with complete information. I would like to do so, to look what they will do for me.

Here goes:

I'am from Malaysia.

My machines bought at Essential Action Sdb. Bhd, Lot G-03, Plaza Low Yatt, Kuala Lumpur. Telephone number 603-21453314 fax 603-21453545  (Authorized Dealer)

Invoice number: INV101000028EAHQ

Delivery number: DO101000028EAHQ

DATE: 02-10-2010

Sales person: Sunny

Person encountered my problems: Winsonn

Model:

LENOVO THINKPAD SL410 T6670/2G (UPGRADED $GB)/320GB/DWDRW/DOS-2842DVA

Let's look and see what will happen now. A week already, and I didnt' get any response yet.

Options

3538 Posts

07-12-2010

Malaysia

5065 Signins

104816 Page Views

• Views: 104816
  • Message 3 of 4

2010-10-19, 6:49 AM
Hi teacher,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Regarding this issue which you are facing, I would assist you to log this to the Lenovo Care team to request their assistance to look into your issue and hopefully finding a faster solution.

I would appreciate if you could send me a private message of the following so I am able to assist you to log a case.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
S/N:

//JameZ
Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 4 of 4

2010-10-14, 4:40 AM

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms