Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
richie0414
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad T470 battery dead when I received

I bought a Thinkpad T470 last week and received on Sat. The first time I turn on the laptop, it said the battery 1, which is internal battery failed due to normal wear. How could that happen?? poor quality!!!

I tried different solutions online to figure out, still get the same message then I contact lenovo online support, they create a case  to ask me to send the machine back for repair. However the customer service representative record my address by mistake which cause the case be cancelled whitout notifying me. So today after I contact them again, they told me the case was cancelled due to wrong address and create another case so i can send the machine back. but it already be several days delayed for sure.

Can you believe I bought a laptop need to be repaired immediately after i received it and I cannot use it in the first two weeks.

LENOVO, POOR PRODUCT QUALITY, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 144
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad T470 battery dead when I received

Hello an welcome to the Community,

I'm sorry you've not had the best experience, clearly disappointing. As the system was refurbished the battery state clearly may have changed after the system was checked or, as you suggest, missed. The courses of action available are to invoke service as you have done or request a refund on the grounds that the system was DOA; it is extremely unlikely they will be able to provide a replacement. Advice on the DOA process can be found here.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors