Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nooooo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 1 of 4

Unable to cancel order, unhelpful support

Lenovo's canceling process is customer unfriendly. Long ago I learned not to expect much from any support and I'm not one to complain often or go on rants but this is an infuriatingly special case. My experience has left the impression that lenovo is intentionally making it impossible to cancel orders so they can collect 'restocking fees' or hope customers are simply too lazy to return products. I heard the return process is also a nightmare and at this point will probably see for myself.

This disaster started on the 24th when my ancient laptop died of opening too many firefox tabs. For a long time I had intended to upgrade but put it off until now. There was a thinkpad sale on the australian lenovo website that was ending that day, so I placed the order and got an email saying something went wrong, realised I was a bit short on money at the time and thought that was the end of it. But it was only the beginning.

Because the sale was over and the thinkpad was too expensive at full price, I searched for another laptop and found a much better deal for a used laptop (if you're buying a new laptop, you're probably not getting a good deal no matter where it's from) decided to buy that instead and deposited some cash into my bank account. Immediately after doing this, the thinkpad order inexplicably completed, several hours after I had incorrectly assumed the transaction was declined. I also thought the canceling process would take one-click like on just about every other website or at least function at the bare minimum, so knowing refunds sometimes take a day or two to process, I bought the other laptop with someone else's money expecting to be able to pay them back soon (4 days later they are aware of this situation and they don't mind the delay)

The cancel order form wouldn't accept my order number, stating it couldn't be found. I figured the page is broken and sent an email asking for my order to be canceled, got a timely response but the support guy was 'unable to locate a matching order'. Lenovo's system seemingly can't process its own orders for whatever reason so I replied with a direct link to my order tracking page (which I won't post here because it contains my personal information and shipping address) and told them to cancel. If lenovo had acceptable customer service this post would have ended here. I can understand the company not wanting to cancel an order but surely it's preferable to a return and I other posts here are saying support is just as bad for every other topic (repairs etc.) which for a high ticket item is just shocking.

Later I received an email from a different support guy, telling me that if I 'placed the order at australia website' to call a number and use option 3. I waited until the calling hours, called the number and what I got is probably the worst phone support I have experienced in my life if you can even call it phone support. After pressing 3, A robot said the 'mailbox is full, thank you for your call, goodbye' and hung up. What mailbox? I thought this was phone support? I figured the call center must be busy, waited about an hour and called again, only to get the same disappointing response.

What now? I don't know what to do anymore. The thinkpad hasn't been shipped yet but will probably ship soon. There's no obvious way to cancel the order myself, It's almost as if lenovo treats customers like children that need support for the most simple tasks, which wouldn't be a problem if sending another email would result in anything helpful instead of always leading back to the nonexistent phone support. I really don't have much patience left at this point. If there's someone from the company able to do something before my order ships I would appreciate it if you did.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 156
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to cancel order, unhelpful support

Hello and welcome to the Community,

Thanks for posting about your experience, it's clear to see it hasn't been a good one. I'd like to see if I can help but do need you to post your order number please, and please don't post any other private information. If further information or details are required I will request them by private message.

Also for clarity was the number you called, resulting in the mailbox being full message, the second one listed on this page under Customer care please? If not please post the number you called.

Thanks

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

nooooo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 148
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your assistance. My order number is 4292481447 and the phone number I called was the one you mentioned.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 116
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

Your email, sent on Monday 28. Jan has been received and is being processed. The reason for you not receiving an immediate response is because of the day being the Australia Day national holiday and it was first read on the following day today, Tuesday. The phones were also not manned because of the holiday and the mailbox having been full is being looked into, thanks for pointing this out to us.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors