Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-15-2016

United States of America

22 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 1 of 7

Unpleased with my "Repair"

2016-10-15, 18:53 PM

I bought a Yoga 3 14 a year ago. Starting September, my laptop was having issues turning on. Battery would say charging yet it was not. Decided to send it in to repair since I still have warranty available. Using the lenovo warranty website, it had the option to "Request Service" using the "FedEx TechConnect Carry-in Service". Sent it a few days later because I needed files in my drive but couldn't turn on the laptop. I decided to chat with a support agent if my drive was going to be wiped. She said maybe, so after hours of trying and the agent helping, my laptop turned on. She suggested I turn it off after I was done (It didn't turn on after). I was using a USB drive to swap my files but coincidently the right port stopped working as well as the thouch screen (which stopped working a few days before).  

I sent it out on Sept 13th with Fedex and paid "Expedited Shipping", it was received on the 15th. Days later and after countless of questions to different support agents not knowing where my lapotop was sent to, it was repaired on October 6 (Almost a whole month!). Now that it has been a few days my laptop is not repaired. My port works, and my touch screen works yet my laptop overall is unsuable. My laptop doesn't charge correctly, Turns off randomly and won't turn on after hours. Tells me that it will be fully charged within my 5 minutes when it has 12% left of battery (Pictures below with battery levels showing. Same day but an hour later).

Yes, this seems that it is my charging block. I sent my charging block with my laptop to the repair. When it came back, I did not receive any information on what was done to it at all even when I asked many support agents. They all told me that they would get on contact with someone regarding my laptop repair and contact me ASAP (It never happened). Today I turned it on (not charging), the fans were on full blast for 5 seconds then my laptop turned off. Turned it back on (thankfully that works) and the battery said 30% - 1 hour left. So it is not my charging block. If it was mycharging block, why not send a new one? If it was the charging block, why did my port and touch sreen stop working?

I am not pleased with my repair. I don't want to sent it to repair for another whole month as I needed for school and work. I would like to know if there is a local place where I can send it to that Lenovo warranty will cover all costs.

Options

6 Posts

10-15-2016

United States of America

22 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Unpleased with my "Repair"

2016-10-17, 18:34 PM

Well my laptop for the past few days now has been turning off at the start and the fan is on full blast. Then it restarts and I can finally log in. My laptop was not repaired but made worse. What kind of service is this??

Options

6 Posts

10-15-2016

United States of America

22 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2016-11-01, 22:41 PM

I am so appalled by the conditioned my laptop was returned to me. Whenever I turn on my laptop, the fans seem to start then it restarts. I thappens everytime I open my laptop. Doesn't matter if it is in Sleep mode or Off.

I still have a few days in my warranty but should I trust Lenovo to send me back a "fixed" laptop, wait a month and never tell me what happened?? I will not buy Lenovo again.

Please, if anyone is planning on buying Lenovo..Don't!

I spend almost 1k on this laptop and I can not believe the customer service AND repair service is so ungrateful to their loyal costumers. I have an older Thinkpad which works better than my 1k laptop! It doesn't restart!!

Actually looking at BBB for Lenovo, it shows up as "THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED". Well no surprise there!

http://www.bbb.org/raleigh-durham/business-reviews/wholesale-computer-manufacturers/lenovo-in-morrisville-nc-90064256

I will take my complaints even further to stop people from buying any kind of product.

Admin note; post merged in to keep comments together, subject edited.

Options

11972 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33120 Signins

1241620 Page Views

• Views: 1241620
  • Message 4 of 7

2016-11-02, 9:28 AM

Hello vanhur,

if you are unhappy with the repair or a repair period has extended over that which you regard to be a reasonable amount of time you would be justified in requesting the call centre to escalate your case to a complaint with the customer relations team.  When calling you will need to quote your current case number and then request it be escalated to a complaint, the call centre representative will also be able to explain any further steps in the process.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

6 Posts

10-15-2016

United States of America

22 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2016-11-25, 9:20 AM

Not even did the repair service screwed up by sending a faulty laptop but they also either took my graphics card out, switched my laptop or just literally broke my laptop and decide not to fix it.

My laptop is a yoga 3 14 with NVIDIA graphics 940M.

I have been having problems for a long time now. It is terribly annoying. I get blue screen saying there's errors with my graphics. My NVIDIA graphics settings are gone. My NVIDIA graphics software is not compatible. I downloaded a drivver and it says IT CAN NOT FIND MY CARD. Wow absolutely wonderful service!

I'm glad I have pictures of my laptop before I send it in to their service. After it was returned, the sticker that says 'NVIDIA' graphics is gone. Well now I know why. 

I'm going to sue whoever is in charge because I have proof!And if whoever sends in to the repair service. TAKE PICTURES. SCREENSHOTS! I am going to keep writing in this forum. I am going to keeo complaining. I am going to tell everyone on every social platform. I will show them the proof. You guys are the worst kind of people.

I am supposed to receive a call to elevate my complaint but it hasn't happened yet. I chatted and called with multiple people and keep saying that they will call me back. IT NEVER HAPPENS!

Guess what guys!

I was also supposed to get a call for an in-home service a week ago. IT NEVER HAPPENED! I had to call multiple times yet again to get an actual answer. But thank to the one nice person who actually helped in this ordeal, I am now supposed to receive a call or email by Friday. Wow! THANK YOU! My warranty has now expired but said that there won't be a problem with it. Yeah let's freaking hope so.

PLEASE NEVER BUY LENOVO AGAIN. 

Admin note; post merged in to keep the events tohether, link to this thread removed; unnecessary after merge

Options

11972 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33120 Signins

1241620 Page Views

• Views: 1241620
  • Message 6 of 7

2016-11-25, 11:31 AM

Hello vanhur,

I was able to find your case in our system and I see your case was opened on the 24th Nov. as a result of a call you made to service on the 23rd Nov.  (Time zones may play a bit of a role here if that should seem inaccurate).  Your warranty is shown as expiring on the the 28th Nov. Because the case was logged before the warranty expiration date it will be dealt with as in warranty even if that date is surpassed.

I aslo think that the agent was perhaps mistaken to suggest you may receive a call this Friday, because of the Thanksgiving holiday in the US I would expect contact will first be made after the holiday.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

6 Posts

10-15-2016

United States of America

22 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2016-11-25, 20:00 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!! Another "mistake".

It's funny. You finally made a decision to ACTUALLY help me. After months of waiting. Tiring phone calls repeating the same freaking problem over and over and over again. Truly I appreciate all your help.

If you want to help me. Then change the title of this topic to "DO NOT BUY LENOVO. NOT BBB APPROVED. STAY AWAY".

And I don't understand how you KNOW what my case is. I haven't given you ANY information or AGREED to give you any.

Please whoever is reading this. No one at this company cares. My service was escalated to a 2 and yet again I get the same bad service and the same "mistakes'.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms