Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

08-02-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

338 Page Views

• Views: 338
  • Message 1 of 21

Unresponsive Customer Relations Manager

2016-08-02, 22:20 PM

I contacted Lenovo warranty support on May 2, 2016 and sent my model y70-70 Touch laptop in for flickering screen repair in mid-May as per their instructions. I have had this problem since the purchase of the laptop, and it gradually became worse. When I received the laptop back from warranty, it was carelessly packed, and upon turning the computer on, it displayed a damaged HDD error. I sent it back for repair upon their instructions and specifically requested that they pack it more carefully to avoid the same situation. When I received it back the second time, not only was the laptop packaged in the same careless manner, but it had scratches that were not present prior to sending it (have pictures), it had faulty RAM, giving a "page fault in nonpaged area" blue screen everytime it was turned on, and a flickering screen again. Upon contacting Lenovo again, the representative filed for an escalation to customer relations management to have the laptop replaced and stated that I would be contacted in 2-3 business days. The case was assigned to a relations manager from their Morrisville, NC, location on June 30, and I received confirmation (case# 02355380). I waited for the time mentioned and received no response. Upon contacting customer service multiple times and just being told to wait, I was told to email the relations management team and was given contact info for the specific manager. Ever since then, I have literally called every other day, and sent multiple emails to no avail except for one email in between, which was over 10 days ago. I received an email from the manager on July 20, offering a refund of $833.98 for the laptop. I replied stating that I would accept a refund but I had paid $899 for the laptop, not the amount mentioned in his email. He replied, asking that I attach the receipt and seller info. I replied with all the requested info. I have not received any response yet. I have called customer service literally every other day only to have them file a follow up notice to customer relations and ask me to wait another 24 hours. They stated that they cannot do anything else. I have personally emailed and called the manager multiple times every day to no avail. I have tried to be extremely patient, but it has already been close to three months. This is my main work computer and I cannot afford to wait any longer. I'm a student, and cannot afford to just go out and buy another laptop immediately. I'm taking this measure as a last resort, hoping to receive a resolution. Any help in getting this resolved as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your patience reading all of this.

Answer
Options

7 Posts

08-02-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

338 Page Views

Re: Unresponsive Customer Relations Manager

2016-09-02, 23:18 PM

Just providing an update on the post. The case manager did get back to me, the moment I had complained to the Better Business Bureau. What is funny is that, everytime I sent an email to inquire on the status, I would receive no reply until recontacting the BBB and asking them to recontact the branch and ask them to reply. I did finally receive my refund on September 2, 2016, waiting close to 4 months for a resolution. This has been the most negligent customer service team I have ever had to deal with. I doubt I will ever purchase a Lenovo product again, which is a shame because I think they have great products.

NOTE TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING A SIMILAR ISSUE: Make sure you look up the address of the branch involved with your case by researching the case manager in Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc., and use that address to pick the local BBB branch to file the complaint.

Replies(20)
Options

6 Posts

07-29-2016

United States of America

17 Signins

454 Page Views

• Views: 454
  • Message 2 of 21

2016-08-03, 12:30 PM

How frustrating as a student, I'm so sorry Limbo. I hope this gets resolved for you.  

Options

7 Posts

08-02-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

338 Page Views

• Message 3 of 21

2016-08-03, 13:04 PM
Thank you Lenovo45
Answer
Options

7 Posts

08-02-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

338 Page Views

• Message 4 of 21

2016-09-02, 23:18 PM

Just providing an update on the post. The case manager did get back to me, the moment I had complained to the Better Business Bureau. What is funny is that, everytime I sent an email to inquire on the status, I would receive no reply until recontacting the BBB and asking them to recontact the branch and ask them to reply. I did finally receive my refund on September 2, 2016, waiting close to 4 months for a resolution. This has been the most negligent customer service team I have ever had to deal with. I doubt I will ever purchase a Lenovo product again, which is a shame because I think they have great products.

NOTE TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING A SIMILAR ISSUE: Make sure you look up the address of the branch involved with your case by researching the case manager in Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc., and use that address to pick the local BBB branch to file the complaint.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

42 Posts

07-03-2016

United States of America

181 Signins

1614 Page Views

• Views: 1614
  • Message 5 of 21

2016-09-02, 23:30 PM

Glad to hear your issue was resolved. My yoga 2 11 conveniently died 2 months after the warranty expired. Like you, I don't have an extra $800 laying around for another purchase. Their response from a customer care manager was essentially "tough luck..you can pay us to fix it ..." after the horror stories I have heard here, I would not trust them to "fix" it

Options

7 Posts

08-02-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

338 Page Views

• Message 6 of 21

2016-09-02, 23:40 PM

Thank you Rfilkin. I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't see Lenovo lasting very long with their scam of a customer service. They need to make some serious changes.

Options

8 Posts

09-06-2016

United States of America

12 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 7 of 21

2016-09-08, 0:52 AM
from your example, I have also filed a complaint with the local BBB. Hopefully I will get a resolution quickly. Thanks for the tip.
Options

7178 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29280 Signins

1677873 Page Views

• Views: 1677873
  • Message 8 of 21

2016-09-07, 20:41 PM

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

7178 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29280 Signins

1677873 Page Views

• Views: 1677873
  • Message 9 of 21

2016-09-08, 3:43 AM

Moderator comment: A post which did not conform with the Community Rules has been removed.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

42 Posts

07-03-2016

United States of America

181 Signins

1614 Page Views

• Views: 1614
  • Message 10 of 21

2016-09-08, 4:21 AM

Hmmm ... according to Lenovo's website: "Our culture defines us … it's our DNA. We call it the Lenovo Way and it's the values we share and the business practices we deploy. It's how we address our day-to-day commitments. The Lenovo Way is embodied in the statement: We do what we say and we own what we do"

I will just bet that the executives who wrote that have never taken the time to check out this forum. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms