Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheeky1311
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 1 of 2

W540 - Poor quality hardware and terrible customer service

I've been a long standing customer of Lenovo, used the T410 and T440 and was very previously very happy. However, I bought a high specification W540 Lenovo workstation laptop in January 2014 for almost 2000 EUR from the Lenovo NL website.

Since then:
a) The motherboard had to be replaced (major fault)
b) The fan had to be replaced.
c) The keyboard had to be replaced (keys were sticky and coming away from the keyboard).

Now:
d) The replaced keyboard again has a broken key and several 'sticky' keys
e) The laptop will not hibernate or sleep (Windows confirms a fault in the Lenovo provided wireless driver).

"Customer Service" has issue e) open for 5 weeks. They very often do not reply and can only tell me to re-image my machine which *might* fix it. No use to me when I must use this machine every day with my clients and it takes well over a week to reconfigure. So far, issue d) hasn't even been acknowledged.

Even better - Lenovo customer support tells me to replace my hard drive with "another one from an identical system" which is ridiculous of course - as if I keep spare W540 laptops hanging around. Lenovo refuses to provide a replacement or refund and refused also to provide on-site service, despite the fact that I have a 3 year on site warranty.

This is really poor hardware, and even worse Customer Service.

With so many repairs, the laptop is clearly poor quality hardware and is not fit for purpose. I would hope that this is a one-off, and I can perhaps in the future continue to buy Lenovo workstation laptops for my IT company.

However, right now buying the W540 really isn't recommended. The Lenovo W540s have major quality issues here and problems like the W540 keyboard keys I've also seen on several other reviews and other sites.

However, right now all I want is a full refund. Lenovo, who will help me get the refund that I deserve?

Former Administrator
Views: 314
Message 2 of 2

Re: W540 - Poor quality hardware and terrible customer service

Cheeky,

Would you please send me a private message with your contact information, along with the type and serial number from the bottom of the unit?  We can escalate your case and help you get this resolved.

Thanks for speaking up

Mark

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors