Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidWhite1
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 1 of 4

WTH - Lenovo support?

Lenovo,

I got a new X1 Carbon last year - 16GB RAM & i7. Worked great but occasional BSOD. Finally caught an error in a RAM test and the system automatically opened a ticket for repair (Nice!). A week later motherboard sent, nice repair guy comes and replaces it. RAM checks clean but the next day I realise the camera no longer works. Update the ticket. A week later, they send a new camera and the guy comes back to replace the camera. No change - no camera. Update the ticket - this time they send a new motherboard. Nice guy comes back a week later and replaces the motherboard. Camera works again. Yeay! But now it is crazy slow. Turns out the new motherboard is an i5 with 4GB of RAM. Running Windows 10 means this is pretty much unusable. Nice guy says he will order me a new motherboard with the right part number. 2 days later he calls me back. They sent another i5 w/ 4GB of RAM. He will update the ticket. 3 days later, different nice guy comes out with the new part. Checks it out before installing it - i5 w/ 4GB of RAM. I am now waiting for my 6th visit and I have had an unusable laptop for over a month. Seriously, all the people I have been dealing with have been great but why is it so hard to just send the right part? PLEASE - How do we make this all go away so i can get back to enjoying my laptop?

Thank you

David.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 242
Message 2 of 4

Re: WTH - Lenovo support?

Hello David, welcome to the Community,

That does sound very odd that repeatedly the incorrect part is sent.  Have you opened a complaint?  This is something which the call center can do on your behalf; you just need to contact them and quote your current case number and they will escalate on your behalf.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

DavidWhite1
Paper Tape
Views: 205
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, Andy. Can you please provide contact info for where I can open a complaint. The contact info from the trouble tickets dont seem to work.

Thank you

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 183
Message 4 of 4

Hello David,

The quickest route is to call the support number;

tpusasup.PNG

Alternatively, but possibly a day slower, is to send me the following information by private message;

Full Name;
Telephone No.;
email address;
System Type;
System s/n;

Date of purchase;
Case Numbers;

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors