cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HLEE1
What's DOS?
Views: 886
Message 1 of 1

Warning!: On-Site Next Business Day Warranty is only good if it's in the Lenovo Support System

I have multiple Thinkpads that I purchased back in November 2014 through an authorized Lenovo reseller.  All purchased with 3 year on-site warranty.  On April 4, 2016 one of these Thinkpads decided not to turn on anymore.  Called tech support and was told that I had to send the laptop back to depot for warranty.  I recall purchasing next day on-site warranty and provided the supporting invoices and documentation.  I am then told that they have recieved the documentation but that it will take 1-3 business days to verify!  After which then they will send out the tech.

WHAT WAS THE POINT IN PURCHASING NEXT DAY WARRANTY, WHEN IT IS GOING TO TAKE A WEEK???!!!!

I spoke with Jackie (A-005), the customer supervisor for tech support in Canada, and she says that she has the documents but still needs to verify with the reseller.  It makes absolutely no sense to me why as a customer I did everything correctly yet I am penalized for the fact that there is a clerical error between Lenovo and it's reseller.  The proper solution would be to send out the tech and work out the issues between Lenovo and the reseller in the background.  But Jackie was having none of that, clearly not concerned with customer care whatsoever.

I have over 50 Lenovo laptops and desktops at my office and have never had an issue with warranty.  But in this case I am tremendously disappointed at this experience and is making me reconsider even purchasing the next day warranty in the future let alone purchasing Lenovo PC's again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors