07-01-2010

United States

20 Signins

139 Page Views

• Views: 139
  • Message 1 of 18

Warranty database not updated after 6 months

2010-07-01, 23:23 PM

After six months of trying to get Lenovo to properly update their warranty system with the correct 3 year extended warranty info on my Thinkpad X60S - I've now decided to go on a campaign to let as many people know as possible about how POOR Lenovo customer support is!

Every time I call into get support, I'm told that my X60S is "out of warranty" when in fact I purchased both a 3 year onsite extended warranty policy (Order 2AP3M4) and later an additional 4th year (Order 2DWP3L).  After hours on the phone, they ALWAYS say, "we'll notify the warranty dept. to update the system", but it never gets updated!

I've tried to find a customer service manager at corporate to assist me - but have been unsuccessful at finding one that will truly help me.

Recently I purchased another Thinkpad and it was recently delivered to me.  Then Lenovo contacted me, saying that my credit card transaction had been denied.  What a bummer for Lenovo.  I told them that I would gladly pay them for my new machine if they would update their warranty system to reflect the extended warranty on my previous machine that I had already paid them for.  They then told me, "sorry, that's a different department!".  I then just hung on him, tired of hearing that response!

IBM would never have given me this type of poor support experience.

Lenovo will not be in business 10 years from now - they are clueless about customer support and customer service.

Too bad - because their Thinkpads are very nice machines.

I wonder if Lenovo will ever resolve my issue and I wonder if they will ever get me to pay for the PC they shipped me.  I wonder if they will even notice that it hasn't been paid for!

If someone from Lenovo reads this post - I hope they take the appropriate action to fix the problem (after all it's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE what we're talking about here!) even if it's NOT THEIR DEPARTMENT.

You can easily turn the problem around by having someone "higher up" in Lenovo contact me, show some real concern (e.g. apologize to me) and get the problem resolved and throw in a token something for my troubles.

I doubt any of that will happen - but maybe I'll be surprised!

Solved! See the solution
Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

US

12809 Signins

291260 Page Views

• Views: 291260
  • Message 2 of 18

Re: Warranty database not updated after 6 months

2010-07-01, 23:42 PM

mike,

welcome to the forum!   sorry it's under these circumstances.

we'll have someone get in touch with you to investigate the issue.   every mistake is a learning opportunity so we welcome the bad with the good.

apologies for your experience.

thanks,

-erik

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

2192 Posts

05-02-2008

MY

14693 Signins

219550 Page Views

• Views: 219550
  • Message 3 of 18

2010-07-05, 2:09 AM

Thanks erik.

mikelevy,

I'm sorry for what you are facing and i really wish to make things right. Do you mind to send me a private message along with your machine(the one with warranty issue) and contact details? I'll see what can be done to restore your confidence in us.

• Full Name
  • Machine Type Model
  • Serial Number
  • Email
  • Contact Phone Number

Thank you mike and we appreciate your feedback for improvement! :)

Best regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Options

37 Posts

05-18-2010

USA

312 Signins

1597 Page Views

• Views: 1597
  • Message 4 of 18

2010-07-07, 21:23 PM

Also if needed, i can get in touch with the Warranty Registration team and inquire as to why the update has taken so long. I'm sure my team may have spoken with you once or twice, and i'd like to see this resolved. ^_^ I'll PM you shortly with contact information. Warranty registration and Entitlement IS my job ^_^

Options

2192 Posts

05-02-2008

MY

14693 Signins

219550 Page Views

• Views: 219550
  • Message 5 of 18

2010-07-07, 23:02 PM

mikelevy,

I am really sorry for taking long time to update the status. It should never have happened in the first place. It should be updated as soon as your order shipped.

Anyway, your warranty status has finally been updated after getting some help from thinkplus team.

I'm really thankful for your patience and hope you have a better experience with Lenovo.

Fletcher,

Welcome to Lenovo Forum! Great to have you around!

Cheers,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

37 Posts

05-18-2010

USA

312 Signins

1597 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2010-07-07, 23:14 PM

Nice to meet ya Cleo, if you have any issues with the warranty just give me a hollar, and i'll check my channels here ^_^.

@Mikelevy: I do hope we can work to resolve your issue, and i'm sorry it even became an "issue".

Options

3 Posts

07-08-2010

NJ

20 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 7 of 18

2010-07-08, 20:43 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. I purchased a new laptop in May and immediately noticed that my 2 year warranty was paid for but not listed when I checked my warranty status online. The only warranty was for one year, starting on the day the order was placed before it was even shipped, so that is less than one year. I have been very upset, communicating with the same person, and getting the same form letters in response. Wait for 2 business days for a response from the concern team. Still no response from the concern team, wait 2 business days for a response from the concern team, and that form letter was repeated OVER and OVER again. Now my new e-mail states still no response from the concern team, so wait another 5 business days for a response from the concern team. What is a "CONCERN TEAM" when clearly no one is concerned at all. It should be a simple fix. I paid for 2 years, so update your site. If you don't want to give me a warranty that I paid for, then at least refund the money I paid for it? I clearly don't want to ever have to use the warranty for repairs, since if this is how inefficient you are about just listing my warranty, how in the world would you honor a warranty and perform service?  I am appalled. I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. You know I also purchased a Lenovo laptop for my son through his college last year and another for my other son for his birthday in January, so this was my third Lenovo..AND MY LAST!

LENOVO is a letdown, and I am sharing in your situation. I am also sorry of the "I apologize for your inconvenience" that is written in every e-mail....Sure you do. If so, then do something about my inconvenience!

Someone who shares your unhappiness with Lenovo.

Options

3 Posts

07-08-2010

NJ

20 Signins

202 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2010-07-08, 20:54 PM

My warranty has not been updated now since May. I purchased 2 extra years. I have been in contact with Praveen and repeatedly receive the same e-mail from him stating the concern team has not responded, and I should wait another 2 business days....then 2 business days, over and over again and most recently, wait 5 business days for a response from the concern team.

I purchased an extended warranty and no one will update it to make the warranty effective. It was purchased when I ordered the computer.  order number 2F8K81

Please help. I see that you helped the person who had a similar problem in this thread and hope you can assist me as well.

Thank you.

S. Wrigley

Note from Moderator:  Employee name/e-mail/phone removed to protect their privacy per the forum rules.

Options

37 Posts

05-18-2010

USA

312 Signins

1597 Page Views

• Message 9 of 18

2010-07-08, 21:06 PM

Well to start it all off, from my teams process wise, we need to get you a case created, and i'll have to get eiher your POP or order and customer number. i'll PM you here in a moment, and we'll get working on this with my team ^_^.

Options

3 Posts

07-08-2010

NJ

20 Signins

202 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2010-07-09, 2:20 AM

My order number was listed in my original post. If you need anything from me, please let me know.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete