Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edsrice
Paper Tape
Views: 295
Message 1 of 6

Warranty repair issue

Within a month of buying a new T580, it was having problems with the SSD and motherboard and eventually wouldn't even boot as far as the UEFI screen. I sent it in to the depot a couple weeks ago for warranty repair and it is currently on hold for parts. I just called and they said that the part will not arrive for another month, estimated May 3.

This seems unreasonable to me; if I buy a new laptop and it contains faulty hardware, shouldn't it be Lenovo's responsibility to make sure I have a working laptop again ASAP? I understand that they may have no control over when the part will arrive, but there must be something Lenovo can do besides just leaving me computerless for this whole time, and the people I've talked to on the phone do not seem particularly interested in coming up with a solution. This is my work computer and being without it for over a month is not an option, so if this is not resolved soon I will have to buy a new laptop from another brand and sell the Thinkpad whenever it finally gets fixed.

Does anyone else have experience dealing with this kind of thing? Were you able to solve the problem or did you just have to wait it out?

Guru
Views: 270
Message 2 of 6

Re: Warranty repair issue

Have you tried escalating the issue with support and explaining its a new machine and seeing if they are willing to do an exchange for you since the part delay is too long?

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

edsrice
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 3 of 6

Hi green5178, thanks for the response. I have not tried escalating --- how is this done?

Guru
Views: 264
Message 4 of 6

Just call support with your case number and explain to the person on the phone that they have excessive wait for parts to fix your laptop and ask them if you can get an exchange instead and see if they can ask for an escalation of your case.  I am just a customer like yourself so I cannot guarantee it will work but it wont hurt to ask.  Out of all my purchases from Lenovo I only asked for exchange one time and it was for my X1Y3.  The same laptop I am typing the response on.

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

edsrice
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 5 of 6

Thanks. I called them today and they have escalated the case. Hopefully this will get resolved soon. I appreciate your help.

Guru
Views: 212
Message 6 of 6

I hope they will resolve your situation.   Below is my experience.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1Y3-issues-mostly-resolved-with-exchange/m-p...

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors